Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible recovery for a young Alaskan woman after a lime scooter accident in NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible recovery for a young Alaskan woman after a lime scooter accident in NZ

This 26 year-old postgrad student from Alaska was hit by a truck at night while riding a Lime scooter in Dunedin. She was pretty much unmarked apart from a head injury which required surgeons to remove part of her skull to relieve the pressure.

I know there were serious concerns about her when the accident happened less than a month ago but she has made an incredible recovery.

Don't bother with the bit of video, it's just some raw footage by one of the news paper guys on the night. I see they got the age wrong in the caption.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/110...-scooter-crash

From memory Lime scooters had only been in the city for a few days when the accident occurred.

My son told me that Indianapolis has already gotten rid of their rental scooter provider. Seth Meyers spoke about becoming a victim of one all on his own back during the Big Ten Football Championship weekend. I believe his only injury was also to his head. Scooters are the worse. And putting people on them who have never been on one before in a major city is a recipe for disaster.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

At first I thought the title said a lime shooter accident.

Comment

Obviously, San Jose, San Francisco, etc. can't be left behind. They're all over and usually ridden by I'll say the non-experienced in traffic type people. Congrats to her recovery.

On that celebratory note, Ryan Williams and his scooter tricks,

Comment

I'll chime in from Dallas. We have lime shooters, uh scooters, here now. Yeah, blasting down a sidewalk or hiking/biking trail at 20 mph is certainly safe...not...for either the rider or those around the rider.
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Capua View Post
            My son told me that Indianapolis has already gotten rid of their rental scooter provider. Seth Meyers spoke about becoming a victim of one all on his own back during the Big Ten Football Championship weekend. I believe his only injury was also to his head. Scooters are the worse. And putting people on them who have never been on one before in a major city is a recipe for disaster.
            I think your son is mistaken. They may have been pulled for a winter storm.

I’m also not a fan of the scooters.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X