X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jason
    Insider
    • Aug 2000

It sounds like we will be spending 2 days in santa monica. We have a hotel on the beach there. I hope it's nice. We're doing a whale watching thing and an LA city tour. Also doing a tour of warner brothers studios. Sometime we are going to death valley and staying at a hotel out there somewhere. We're flying into Ontario.

Jason
    I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

• Truth Detector
      On vacation
      • Jul 2000

If you like people-watching you will LOVE Santa Monica.

Ontario? Give a salute to the Trucker's Toy Store if you see it. RIP Big Jim
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• dirtfan
        Insider
        • Jan 2004

Way back in the forties, my aunt and uncle lived at Furnace Creek -he was a mining engineer for Pacific Coast Borax- so I knew the place before it became overrun with tourists.
        Anyway, a nice 4 or 5 day trip would be to go from Ontario up 395 to Lone Pine, grab a motel, drive through the Alabama Hills, maybe Manzanar. Next night stay at Panamint Springs Motel. Not the fanciest, but not many choices out there, and he has lots of different beers. Next day, up Wildrose to the charcoal kilns at Mahogany Flats, kind of a crappy road, but we did it in our T-Bucket, and then to Furnace Creek Ranch. The least expensive gas is at Stovepipe Wells. You could spend a few hundred bucks a night at the Inn, but the ranch is around $150 or less. Next, a really different place to stay would be a luxury tipi at www.discovercynthias.com in Tecopa. If you want to stretch it out, go on through Pahrump to Vegas.
        REAL race cars have kingpins. :p

Comment

• indyracefan
          Insider
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Jason View Post
          It sounds like we will be spending 2 days in santa monica. We have a hotel on the beach there. I hope it's nice. We're doing a whale watching thing and an LA city tour. Also doing a tour of warner brothers studios. Sometime we are going to death valley and staying at a hotel out there somewhere. We're flying into Ontario.

Jason

Do the Universal Studio tour too. My interests may be far different from yours but if it's your first time to LA you might also want to check out Mulholland Drive especially near the 'Hollywood' sign and the overlooks of Burbank & Universal City. Also Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I had to do Van Nuys Boulevard and the Queen Mary too, Howard Hughes Spruce Goose 'used' to be right there but has since been relocated to Oregon.
          ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

• Jason
            Insider
            • Aug 2000

We will be spending a day or so at furnace creek ranch. When we stay at santa monica we are staying right on the beach at a little hotel with no parking. From reading the reviews about the place I'm worried. Sounds like a lot of homeless and druggies hang out there. Also from what I hear about the beach is it's a real freak show.

Jason
            I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

• dirtfan
              Insider
              • Jan 2004

My daughter and family go to the Santa Monica Piier several times a year, 10yr grandson says it's OK. The carousel from "The Sting" is there.
              Venice Beach is the strange place. Professional wierdos, latter day hippies and such. Friend of mine has a weekend cottage there, doesn't seem to mind it much.
              Head on down past LAX to Hermosa Beach, Manhatten Beach, Redondo. Nicer area.

Comment

• Truth Detector
                On vacation
                • Jul 2000

We will be spending a day or so at furnace creek ranch. When we stay at santa monica we are staying right on the beach at a little hotel with no parking. From reading the reviews about the place I'm worried. Sounds like a lot of homeless and druggies hang out there. Also from what I hear about the beach is it's a real freak show.

Jason

It's been a long time since I've been there but I don't remember it being anything to fear or worry about...just a lot of folks dancing to their own beat.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• comfortably numb
                  TD's BFF
                  • Jul 2000

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                  ~~Groucho Marx
                  I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

• Jamski
                    Tsundoku Tsensei
                    • Sep 2002

Riverside. Visit the mall that used to be Riverside International Raceway.

Or not.

But seriously, get out to the Mojave and poke around. It's not that far, it's an amazing drive, and it's stunningly beautiful. Take a hike around Amboy Crater. If you're in Joshua Tree it's not that far away.
                    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

• dirtfan
                      Insider
                      • Jan 2004

It's something like 300 miles from Santa Monica to Death Valley/Furnace creek, and 200 miles from there to Amboy.
                      It's a BIG desert, and I don't think he wants to spend all his time driving.
                      Time to do some serious Mapquesting.

Comment

• Jack Harrington
                        Keyed Up And Conched Out.
                        • Dec 2002

Jason
                        Jason: I used to work at Furnace Creek...MAKE SURE you hit the swimming pool...It's sublime...Spring fed and HOT...Bathwater hot...The Wrangler Steakhouse has great steaks, but the real treat is Sunday brunch at The Inn, if you happen to be there for it...Scotty's Castle is well worth seeing. It's about an hour's drive further North in the park. Hope this helps...
                        My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X