Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers Dump Yankees

I like it...They rocked out...
    My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

This is great. Number 28 will have to wait.

Comment

IIRC there is more than 100 million dollars difference in payroll between the two. I'd love to love the Yankees, but the salary issue in MLB needs to be addressed....
      Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

:applause:

Hey, NY Yankees! ... Don't let the door, well, you know.
        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

# 28??

forgetaboutit.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Nice!!!!
            "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

For us DFW types, a nice counterpoint to the Cowboys squandering some real talent on a 1-4 season.

The media moguls won't like it as it won't pull as much money into the series as the Yankees, but......tough GO RANGERS!
              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

At least the Cowboys can claim to be one of the best 1-4 teams of all time...

Their problem is that hat (Cap? Tam? Derby?) that Romo wears. Really. A guy looking like that is going to do something silly in the game.
                Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Good for the great Nolan Ryan. Back in the World Series (this time as a team executive) after 40 plus years.

Comment

Yawn. Atleast the Yankees will have Lee next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yanks12 View Post
                      Yawn. Atleast the Yankees will have Lee next year.
                      Don't be so sure...not everyone wants to live in New York or play for the Yankees. Due to differences in state taxes, the Rangers have about a $5M per year advantage over the Yankees. And Mrs Lee would prefer her husband play for Texas, the closest team to their Arkansas home. But I'm not 100% sure; I don't have the arrogance that many New Yorkers and/or Yankees fans have.

Comment

I'm not a Yankee fan by any stretch of the imagination. However in baseball there's a bit of honor and pride about saying you are or have been a Yankee. No offense intended but being a Ranger doesn't quite have the same mystique. Congrats to the Rangers in defeating one of the most revered teams in baseball and advancing to their first World Series. I believe I'll be rooting for the Rangers in the Series, which I normally am a National League fan. The National League just didn't do it for me this year, I couldn't really root for San Fran or Philly so it was anti-climatic for me.
                        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                          I'm not a Yankee fan by any stretch of the imagination. However in baseball there's a bit of honor and pride about saying you are or have been a Yankee. No offense intended but being a Ranger doesn't quite have the same mystique.
                          Not arguing with that, but like I said, not everyone wants to play for the Yankees. Many players want to BEAT the Yankees, not play for them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X