Tough night for MIC .. CG, WC, BD all lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough night for MIC .. CG, WC, BD all lose

First round of sectionals. Warren and Center Grove were considered potential championship contenders and they lose in first round of sectional.

I think CG & Warren beat the snot out of each other last week & were too banged up for a tough game tonight.

Side note: Roberson at Lawrence Central (beat Warren) is said to be a Randle-El clone headed to IU. Gunner Kiel is the best passing quarterback I've seen in high school since Jeff George.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Wow, my Bears beat Warren Central?

No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

Wasn't close. 35-14.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I don't really follow high-school sports much, but I did notice that LC had been racking up a bunch of wins. Maybe I should get on the bandwagon?
          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

vace....

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
            Wasn't close. 35-14.

There were some real blowouts up my way... but my school was the only one in the county to advance.......
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Comment

Carmel did win so MIC still has a state contender

Pike and BD were tied at 38-38 at end of regulation, Pike wins 45-38. Not sure how far Pike can go with that defense.

CIC came out pretty well tonight with Pike, LC, Southport, Col. North, Bloom North winning

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN View Post

Pike and BD were tied at 38-38 at end of regulation, Pike wins 45-38. Not sure how far Pike can go with that defense.

CIC came out pretty well tonight with Pike, LC, Southport, Col. North, Bloom North winning

Pike is good but not good enough. Southport was supposed to be good but barely beat a weak North Central team. Bloomington North is not good.

I think the winner out of the south will be either Lawrence Central or one of the Columbus teams.

I also don't think Carmel is good enough to come out of the north but I've been wrong with that pick before. The MIC's string of 5A state championships is in big-time peril.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Conference Indiana 3-1 against the MIC tonight:

Lawrence Central 35, Warren Central 14
                  Pike 45, Ben Davis 38 OT
                  Southport 16, North Central 12

Lawrence North 21, Franklin Central 13

Never thought I'd see that happen. LC should win sectional 5 since they've already beaten the other three teams left, rather easily for a couple of them (beat LN 19-6; Perry Meridian 41-0; Southport 49-13). Southport needs to step up its game to beat LN, as they are probably better than their 2-8 record would indicate by virtue of playing in the MIC. Southport does have the advantage of playing the second and (if they win) third rounds on its home field.
                  "If there is a place on Earth synonymous with race cars, it is Indianapolis." -- Bernie Ecclestone

"No matter where you go in the world, you say Indianapolis and they don't think about football or basketball, they think about the race." -- Richard Petty

Comment

I was at the Roncalli-Plainfield game. Roncalli stepped it up and got revenge on the Quakers. They are better than their 4-6 indicates.

Comment

Wow... the Indianapolis Star doesn't cover Marion County High School Sports like it use to... well at least I was able to find the score to the Speedway vs Park Tudor game. But other than that nothing. Avon, Speedway, Ritter and Brownsburg all won their first round game of the sectional and not a write up or box score on any of them that I could find.

So where does the H. S. football fan go if they are a fan of a school that's not one of the glamor schools like WC, CG or LC?

However I guess the sectionals have changed too... a 4-6 school now makes it into the sectionals... does every school play just like basketball?

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                      I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN View Post
                        Carmel played my 1-8 McCutcheon Mavericks. I think they just had to show up to get that win...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Capua View Post
                          Wow... the Indianapolis Star doesn't cover Marion County High School Sports like it use to... well at least I was able to find the score to the Speedway vs Park Tudor game. But other than that nothing. Avon, Speedway, Ritter and Brownsburg all won their first round game of the sectional and not a write up or box score on any of them that I could find.

So where does the H. S. football fan go if they are a fan of a school that's not one of the glamor schools like WC, CG or LC?

However I guess the sectionals have changed too... a 4-6 school now makes it into the sectionals... does every school play just like basketball?
                          Yes, everybody gets in.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

The CG game is proof enough there needs to be seeding by the IHSAA, but those arrogant azzwipes stick with their stupidity. Had the seedings taken place, CG would have no doubt been No. 1 with East #2. The seedings would have given the Trojans ample time for their injured starters to rest against say an inferior squad like Bloomington North, then CG could have met the Olympians on square footing--not to take anything away from East.

IMO the best state high school organization is in Illinois and I've seen probably a dozen or so state tournaments throughout. Indiana's high school organization is clearly inferior.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congrats Ren.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X