Gotta love Major League Umps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love Major League Umps

How can they miss a player getting hit by a pitch? Another reason for instant replay.

Amen. Embarrassing.

Comment

Every time there's a questionable call people call for instant replay.

The umpiring is up and down, as it always has and I think it's being taken way too far. If you want to have instant replay they have to either limit it to one challenge per game or the games will take 5 hours. I mean, so you include boundary calls. So how do you determine if it was a single, a double, or a triple? Can't be an automatic double because a blooper hit by a Molina is a single.

Honestly, while it's been suspect in the Phils-Giants series, it hasn't diminished what has been a great, great series. I'm fine with it just being on home runs. The consequences of expanding beyond home runs are just too complex.

Comment

Originally posted by AHLEditor View Post
        Every time there's a questionable call people call for instant replay.

The umpiring is up and down, as it always has and I think it's being taken way too far. If you want to have instant replay they have to either limit it to one challenge per game or the games will take 5 hours. I mean, so you include boundary calls. So how do you determine if it was a single, a double, or a triple? Can't be an automatic double because a blooper hit by a Molina is a single.

Honestly, while it's been suspect in the Phils-Giants series, it hasn't diminished what has been a great, great series. I'm fine with it just being on home runs. The consequences of expanding beyond home runs are just too complex.
        I believe fans can live with the missed tag or hit by a pitch... but it's the Home Runs they want to see called the right way and will sit and wait to find out if it went foul or fair for sure.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Oddly enough, that missed call ended up helping Texas. That hit batsman would have scored on Posada's double.
          It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X