Knock Off..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock Off..................

Sold the Barrett.......Bought a new Bushmaster ACR in .308...............sweet................

65 now so I can shoot in the Senior division of IDPA, USPSA and NRA events.............I'm, the young stud now instead of being 64 and having to face guys 25 years old with superb eyesight......
    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

If you don't answer me I'm gonna come down to Houston and take your wife out to dinner...........alone...........lol..........I qualified for Nationals in the Senior division of 3-gun match........Gonna be in Vegas in December..Went and ran 400 rounds thru the .45 yesterday and 100 rounds thru the shotgun...didn't have time for the AR....I'll get to it Saturday unless Grandsonny has a football game........Call me......I've been approved for my F.F.L.....................
    SENسR MODERATOR......

" Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring View Post
      If you don't answer me I'm gonna come down to Houston and take your wife out to dinner...........alone...........lol..........I qualified for Nationals in the Senior division of 3-gun match........Gonna be in Vegas in December..Went and ran 400 rounds thru the .45 yesterday and 100 rounds thru the shotgun...didn't have time for the AR....I'll get to it Saturday unless Grandsonny has a football game........Call me......I've been approved for my F.F.L.....................
      You press your own shells or off the shelf?
      Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

Originally posted by sightlines View Post
        You press your own shells or off the shelf?
        I used to press my own but I have a sponsorship deal in the works with Hornaday as well as Glock and my local Store...................and I really don't have the time anymore. Seriously I'm 65 years old and I'm up 18 hours a day doing something. I've been working out and I'm down 3 pounds under what I weighed when I got out of boot camp............Lean mean Devil Dog................lol.........but old................

What I liked about doing my own was that it was relaxing and I got to understand more about the "Art" of Firearms and loads..............
        SENسR MODERATOR......

Comment

Dog, there was a History Channel show recently that reminded me of you. One of the recreations was an assignment in Nam.
          quote:
          "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring View Post
            I used to press my own but I have a sponsorship deal in the works with Hornaday as well as Glock and my local Store...................and I really don't have the time anymore. Seriously I'm 65 years old and I'm up 18 hours a day doing something. I've been working out and I'm down 3 pounds under what I weighed when I got out of boot camp............Lean mean Devil Dog................lol.........but old................

What I liked about doing my own was that it was relaxing and I got to understand more about the "Art" of Firearms and loads..............
            Just wondering if you competitive guys did for the sake of consistency.

My brother used to work for a place that made body armor and stuff,

http://www.pacsafety.com/products/armor.htm

they pressed their own shells for testing armor, that way they could ensure to the grain pretty much that each shot was the same. They had this cool test gun that had a rotary barrel on it, they'd just twist it around to change caliber. Fired down range with highspeed cameras recording the trajectory and impact. Pretty cool stuff.
            Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

A lot of my assignments were in Nam but some were "elsewhere" if you know what I mean.I remember twice that my spotter and I had to go to Udorn Air Force base in Thailand because of a Chinese sniper giving the mechanics on the planes fits.. The mechs would hide in the generators to avoid being shot as they were heavy steel.......My spotter and I considered that good duty because we got to eat Air Force Chow instead of that crap we were used to eating..........It seems we'd nos sooner eliminate one guy then about 4-6 weeks later another would show up and we'd get sent back because we kew the terrain...........One time Whitefeather went with us and we got 3 in one night.Man that guy could shoot. Best I've ever seen.......He's dead now.Parkinsons disease finally got him Happy birthday to all Marines tomorrow!!!! Semper Fi.............Dog
              SENسR MODERATOR......

Comment

Was "White Feather" Carlos?

ZOOOM
                "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X