Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colts injury hits keep on coming...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts injury hits keep on coming...............

Austin Collie had hand surgery that will sideline him at least a few weeks................

So to-date,

Dallas Clark out indefinitely, if not the season.

Joe Addai may be out for MNF against Texans if not longer.

Melvin Bullitt on IR

Bob Sanders out indefinitely, if not the whole year.

Hopefully Gonzo and Brown can come back and contribute and stay healthy.

It will be highway robbery if the Colts make the playoffs and Peyton Manning doesn't win the MVP again and again.

Hey Ren, not to call you out, but still for that 18-game schedule?
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

I'm all for eliminating a couple of pre-season games. If that means an 18-game season then so be it. Football is a very physical and violent sport so injuries are unfortunately a part of the game.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

If i was Peyton i be puting on some extra padding. Not looking good for the Colts, And there fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
        Hey Ren, not to call you out, but still for that 18-game schedule?
        Absolutely. This list has exactly NOTHING to do with the length of the season.

If the season were only three games long, perhaps half of these injuries could have been avoided. Maybe that's the direction we should be moving, eh?
        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Sanders, Gonzo, Brown, Addai, Clark, Collie, while not playing are still on the roster.

We're playing with ZERO reserves. That's why 180 pound Blair White is playing Special Teams...

BTW, Brandon King (Safety) on IR as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
            Absolutely. This list has exactly NOTHING to do with the length of the season.

If the season were only three games long, perhaps half of these injuries could have been avoided. Maybe that's the direction we should be moving, eh?
            What if all those injuries happened in week 18 or 19 under the new 18 game schedule?
            "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
              What if all those injuries happened in week 18 or 19 under the new 18 game schedule?
              Okay, then we'd talk.

I wouldn't be concerned about the extended season unless the rate (not the total number) of injuries increased after it was implemented.
              No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Read a rumor that Blair White has a neck injury...

Comment

Colts injury hits keep on coming...............

And that's exactly how the NFL will promote it when they release the DVD at the end of the season.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                  I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

There is an upside to this Dallas Clark injury...

I was the first one to go pick up Jacob Tamme in our Fantasy Football league...

I got Brody too, just in case...

Comment

The good thing for the Colts is that (so far) the core of the team has been pretty much intact: the linemen (offense and defense) and the linebackers. It's been mostly skill players getting hurt, and on offense Manning does a great job of making nobodies look like somebodies. I'm also not an Xs and Os guy, but it seems like the defense isn't so complicated that players can't pick up the schemes quickly.

Comment

Brackett probably needs to be added to the original list.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
                          The good thing for the Colts is that (so far) the core of the team has been pretty much intact: the linemen (offense and defense) and the linebackers. It's been mostly skill players getting hurt, and on offense Manning does a great job of making nobodies look like somebodies. I'm also not an Xs and Os guy, but it seems like the defense isn't so complicated that players can't pick up the schemes quickly.
                          The Colts are entering the toughest part of their schedule: Houston, @ Philly, Cincy, @ NE, and San Diego.......all in November.

All 5 of those teams have good to excellent offenses.....

If the defense can play great football for those games and stay healthy, I have no doubt the Colts will do just fine on the offensive side on the ball. But, if it is a situation where the Colts have to match points, I think it is going to be tough. Also, what worries me too is that Collie and Addai's backups are injury prone guys, Gonzo and D. Brown.

A lot of what ifs, but it is good to have the bye where they can work the backups into the fold.

Wow, how much has changed from a season ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
                            Brackett probably needs to be added to the original list.
                            I bet Brackett will be back on MNF. I would love to see Pat Angerer slide over to OLB and take over Phillip Wheeler.

Comment

Angerer isn't fast enough to play outside, imo. I'd rather he be the starter at MLB, though.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X