Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumor: Dallas Clark may be done for the year...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crispy View Post
    The implication being that if they don't overcome and continue to win, then they're not a good team or were not a good team to begin with.
    Correct.

If it were only Dallas, they'd still win. Heck they may still. But you can't overcome the number of injuries we've had to key players and overcome them all the way to the SB.
    Okay, be sure to email the team and let them know they can't do it.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
      Correct.

Comment

I'm curious, how many of the starting 22 could go on IR and still be expected to win if they were a good team in the first place?

Comment

I'm curious, how many of the starting 22 could go on IR and still be expected to win if they were a good team in the first place?
          That's a difficult question to answer. That's like asking which straw will break the camel's back.

But I'm certain the answer is "more than one."
          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

That's like asking which straw will break the camel's back.
            That's easy.

Comment

I said several weeks ago that it was doubtful if the Colts could win a play-off game this year. I have no aspirations of them making it to the Super Bowl at all this season. Due to the ever-increasing injuries to key players I'm not going to reverse that line of thinking and by doing so I won't be surprised or disappointed if that indeed turns out to be the case.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
                That's easy.
                Manning on top of all the current injuries -- yes, that would become a dire situation.

But that answer doesn't really address the point. Losing any single player -- even Manning -- doesn't put the postseason out of reach. Cumulative injuries, on the other hand, eventually become too much to overcome, but it's difficult to say exactly when that line is reached.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                  I said several weeks ago that it was doubtful if the Colts could win a play-off game this year. I have no aspirations of them making it to the Super Bowl at all this season. Due to the ever-increasing injuries to key players I'm not going to reverse that line of thinking and by doing so I won't be surprised or disappointed if that indeed turns out to be the case.
                  That's the spirit!

Comment

That's the spirit!
                    Says the guy that sells his season tickets to the highest bidder...

Comment

As disheartening as it to this Colts fan to see all the injuries this season. I can't really count them out as long as 18# is leading the way. Last year, there were so many games I thought for sure they would lose that they always found a way to pull out at the very end. While I still think they'll make the playoffs, I have to admit, I'd be ecstatic to see the win the division at this rate. The AFC South is shaping up to be an interesting division to watch this year.

Comment

Says the guy that sells his season tickets to the highest bidder...
                        Oh yeah, that means I'm down on the team and has nothing to do with the fact that I really can't afford to use four tickets at ten games a year!

What happened to the kinder, smarter crispy who was hanging out around here the last couple months?

Comment

Any "fan" that puts their seats up for sale where they could potentially be used by the opposing team's fans has no business lecturing real fans when they're simply being realistic.

I won't stop rooting for my Colts.

I won't stop going to the games.

I won't EVER sell my tickets to Cowboys fans.

I'm betting your tickets for that game are probably sitting in Dallas right now...

Comment

What's funny is that you think a.) you're correct and b.) I give a **** what you think.

Comment

What's funny is that I can count on you to re-post within SECONDS of when I post, so one has to wonder about b.)

Comment

Any "fan" that puts their seats up for sale where they could potentially be used by the opposing team's fans has no business lecturing real fans when they're simply being realistic.

I won't stop rooting for my Colts.

I won't stop going to the games.

I won't EVER sell my tickets to Cowboys fans.

I'm betting your tickets for that game are probably sitting in Dallas right now...
                                Consider the source.
                                ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X