Apple 3Q results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple 3Q results

Apple today announced financial results for the third calendar quarter and fourth fiscal quarter of 2010. For the quarter, Apple posted revenue of $20.34 billion and net quarterly profit of $4.31 billion, or $4.64 per diluted share, compared to revenue of $12.21 billion and net quarterly profit of $2.53 billion, or $2.77 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 36.9 percent, compared to 41.8 percent in the year-ago quarter, and international sales accounted for 57 percent of the quarter's revenue.

Apple shipped 3.89 million Macintosh computers during the quarter, a unit increase of 27 percent over the year-ago quarter. Quarterly iPhone unit sales reached 14.1 million, up 91 percent from the year-ago quarter, and the company also sold 9.05 million iPods during the quarter, representing 11 percent unit decline over the year-ago quarter. Apple also sold 4.19 million iPads during the quarter.

"We are blown away to report over $20 billion in revenue and over $4 billion in after-tax earnings - both all-time records for Apple," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iPhone sales of 14.1 million were up 91 percent year-over-year, handily beating the 12.1 million phones RIM sold in their most recent quarter. We still have a few surprises left for the remainder of this calendar year."

That difference in gross margin from a year ago must be from all the cases they gave to iphone 4 customers!

I would venture to guess that suprise for this calender year is release of Apple iPad 2.0?
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

In after-hours trading the stock (AAPL) is down $20.
      All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.

Comment

Buy on the rumor, sell on the news. Apple stock has run up almost 10% in the last 5 days.

Comment

Last edited by Gomer Simpson; 10-19-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

So are the lefties screaming to tax those obscene profits? I wonder why not?

Good for Apple. They need some good news to balance that third place in market share on mobile phones from here on out...

Comment

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
              That difference in gross margin from a year ago must be from all the cases they gave to iphone 4 customers!

It was expected and it's from the sales of the iPad. Much smaller margin than the rest or the products sold by Apple.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                So are the lefties screaming to tax those obscene profits? I wonder why not?

wrong forum.
                Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

Originally posted by sightlines View Post
                  wrong forum.
                  "You post it - you name it; just keep it clean, please..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X