Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanye new album cover banned by WalMart

Gee, I wonder why?

"Banned in the USA!!! They don't want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix!" wrote West of the artwork for "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" (due in stores Nov. 22), which features a painting of what appears to be two monsters having sex painted by blue chip NYC painter George Condo.

"In the 70s album covers had actual nudity... It's so funny that people forget that... Everything has been so commercialized now," continued West. "In all honesty ... I really don't be thinking about Wal-Mart when I make my music or album covers."

He added, "I wanna sell albums but not at the expense of my true creativity…So Nirvana can have a naked human being on they cover but I can't have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings.â€‌

West isn't too upset though: "I know that cover just blew yall minds ... I wish yall could see how hard I'm smiling right now!!!"
    Of course, we all remember the graphic nude Nirvana cover that Kanye refers to:

On top of the ridiculous album cover you have to love his brutal massacre of the English language.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

that idiot is all fail all the time
      http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

I like Kanye my self. But you can understand why they banned it.

Comment

I check out his "true creativity" everyday.
          "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
          ~~Groucho Marx
          I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

The parallels to the banning of the 1993 Chateau Mouton Rothschild are astonishing!! or not.
            The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable : John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              The parallels to the banning of the 1993 Chateau Mouton Rothschild are astonishing!! or not.
              I'm impressed. made me look!

The 1993 Mouton label, a pencil drawing of a nude reclining nymphet by the French painter Balthus was rejected for use in the United States by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.[citation needed] As such, for the U.S. market the label was made with a blank space where the image should have been and both versions are sought after by collectors. The popularity of the label images results in auction prices for older and more collectible years being far out of sync with the other first growths, whose labels do not change year to year.

~~Wackopedia
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

I should just IWAKW.
                yawn. Deliberately provocative cover art and Walmart, well within their rights, will not sell it with that cover.
                phony controversy, phony CENSORSHIP!! charge. Just a cynical grab for attention by KW.
                "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                  I'm impressed. made me look!

The 1993 Mouton label, a pencil drawing of a nude reclining nymphet by the French painter Balthus was rejected for use in the United States by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.[citation needed] As such, for the U.S. market the label was made with a blank space where the image should have been and both versions are sought after by collectors. The popularity of the label images results in auction prices for older and more collectible years being far out of sync with the other first growths, whose labels do not change year to year.

~~Wackopedia
                  Now when I read my post, it sounds more pretentious than impressive , but my only excuse for the reference was that I was in the alcohol business when the label came out. The " reclining nude " label was not banned in Canada and I recall that, at the time, there were many purchase inquiries from the US for the version of the product which had been banned. It became quite a collectable but , IMO, wasn't worth the inflated price. I suspect Kanye's album will not age as well as the wine.
                  The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable : John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Reminds me of the 'Blind Faith' cover.
                    ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                      Reminds me of the 'Blind Faith' cover.
                      Touche, as regards making me look it up. Amazing coincidence that she is holding an early version of the Delta Wing.

Comment

People still buy hard copies of music?
                        "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Obviously Wal-mart hates black people.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

I remember buying the Blind Faith album with a couple strategically placed stickers on the front. A quick check of Wikipedia says the album was released with an alternate cover or sleeved for the more puritan markets.
                            I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Capua View Post
                              Obviously Wal-mart hates black people.
                              That was my first thought lol
                              I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X