Using the helmet as a weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the helmet as a weapon

I don't get many free Sundays to watch games but I did today and was blown away at the number of hits where the helmet was used as a weapon.

The NFL is woefully negligent for letting these hits go unpunished.

I can point out those hits on the teams I don't like but I can also point them out on the teams I do like.

Somebody is going to be hurt or killed due to these hits. The NFL needs to stop them now.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

I caught the scene after the Lions player got hurt. I had heard about what happened in the Browns-Steelers game, but had to look it up...

McCoy (23 of 33, 281 yards, five sacks) didn't look overwhelmed in his first NFL start, but he played with a depleted cast after Harrison hits sidelined wide receivers Joshua Cribbs and Mohamed Massaquoi with head injuries during the second quarter.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...#ixzz12gC4DosD

Geez Harrison took out two Browns players? Suspension has to be in order after that. I had only heard of one being hurt.

Comment

One former player turned NBC commentator said a $10,000 fine didn't faze him. He would in a typical season set aside $50,000 and would use that to pay NFL fines. What would concern him was a suspension. Besides losing a weekly check per game suspension was the thought of letting a team and the coaches down by not being on the field. In short, if you want to hit an offending player where it hurts, suspend them. The blows to the head and resulting concussions must stop.

Comment

Rodney is right.

Suspend them two games the first time.

Comment

After seeing Addai go down last night, and those hits mentioned above, I am even more convinced that most NFL players earn their money. There are some exceptions, Albert Haynesworth most notable.
          It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

The hit on Todd Heap in the Ravens/Pats game was horrible. I was truely surprised at Heap was not knocked out of the game. Hopefully the NFL fines that guys that hit him.
            "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

For years we have been glorifying big hits.
              It is not going to stop until something is done about full speed head-on collisions.
              What that is without getting into an entirely subjective area of officiating I am not sure.
              But it may be time to look at outlawing 'tackles' which are attempts to fire a hole thru the opposing player.
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Something also needs to be done about pass interference penalties. In the 4th quarter of Patriots/Ravens, some player for Baltimore made a great play to knock to ball away. Interference was called and the Pats get a first down and then go on to score. :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by PDC View Post
                  Something also needs to be done about pass interference penalties. In the 4th quarter of Patriots/Ravens, some player for Baltimore made a great play to knock to ball away. Interference was called and the Pats get a first down and then go on to score. :mad:
                  You need to check out the KC/Houston game. There was interference, but not the the way they called it. Worst call I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                    You need to check out the KC/Houston game. There was interference, but not the the way they called it. Worst call I've seen in a long time.
                    That call was pathetic.
                    "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Clark was knocked unconscious before the ball got to him last night in his night ending no-call.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                      I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Hell, we had a Rutgers player get paralized from leading with his head to make a tackle on special teams.
                        "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

I was going to start the same thread, but Truth beat me to it. This issue has reached critical mass, and something has to be done NOW, not next year...
                          My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5699517
                            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                            ~~Groucho Marx
                            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                              "The fundamentally old way of wrapping up and tackling seems to have faded away," he said.

Where has this guy been the last 4 decades? :,,,,,:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X