Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Gauges

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tire Gauges

    Cleaning out the garage today I found that I have two dial-type tire gauges. Being a naturally inquisitive type, I took them both to the old hot rod to check my tire pressure. Gauge A reads 29 psi. Gauge B reads 26 psi. Any way to determine which is calibrated correctly?

  • #2
    I could be very wrong but Im pretty sure a passenger car tire needs its air pressure in the ballpark.
    3 psi margin of error is probably close enough to perfect.

    Of course if the manual says it needs 35 psi and youre running 12psi theres gona be issues.

    But 32 or 35 or 38 is probably A-O-K

    Someone here will know more than I.
    Live like Dave

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
      Cleaning out the garage today I found that I have two dial-type tire gauges. Being a naturally inquisitive type, I took them both to the old hot rod to check my tire pressure. Gauge A reads 29 psi. Gauge B reads 26 psi. Any way to determine which is calibrated correctly?
      Then you tested Gauge A again and it read 23 psi, then Gauge B read 20 psi... I have no idea what is going on...

      Comment


      • #4
        Throw one away and the other one will do...
        Either way yu're at least 3 pounds short...
        Don't let it bother you anyway....
        I've been about 20 pounds heavy for about thirty years and it aint hurt me none...
        ZOOOM
        "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
        James Hurtubise, June, 1964

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ZOOOM View Post
          Throw one away and the other one will do...
          Either way yu're at least 3 pounds short...
          Don't let it bother you anyway....
          I've been about 20 pounds heavy for about thirty years and it aint hurt me none...
          ZOOOM

          Unless it is in your head!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NoviVespa View Post
            Unless it is in your head!
            That depends!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by crispy View Post
              Then you tested Gauge A again and it read 23 psi, then Gauge B read 20 psi... I have no idea what is going on...
              I don't care who you are... that thar is funnny.

              "Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
              I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
                Cleaning out the garage today I found that I have two dial-type tire gauges. Being a naturally inquisitive type, I took them both to the old hot rod to check my tire pressure. Gauge A reads 29 psi. Gauge B reads 26 psi. Any way to determine which is calibrated correctly?
                The one in your right hand.
                Left handed gauges have a long and documented history of inaccuracy.
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx
                I have the hots for Khaleesi...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did you align yourself with the center of the earth before you took your pressure reading?
                  "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I have a battery powered digital one that reads to about .5PSI. Seems to be accurate and it lites up for use in the dark.
                    "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Throw them both away and get yourself one of these at WallyWorld or Target or the corner autoparts store for $10:



                      Accurate to + 1 psi, readout to 0.5 psi. I have one in every car. I also have several old pencil and dial gauges, but I never use them anymore.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Indy-hp View Post
                        Throw them both away and get yourself one of these at WallyWorld or Target or the corner autoparts store for $10:



                        Accurate to + 1 psi, readout to 0.5 psi. I have one in every car. I also have several old pencil and dial gauges, but I never use them anymore.
                        But the old pencil style makes me randy when they pop out the way that they do.

                        "Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Frank Capua View Post
                          But the old pencil style makes me randy when they pop out the way that they do.
                          Oh Randy!!!!
                          Live like Dave

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My darn four-way flashers aren't working ........ wait a minute, they're working now.....crap, off again ............ now they're on, weird...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                              My darn four-way flashers aren't working ........ wait a minute, they're working now.....crap, off again ............ now they're on, weird...
                              SeaFury can fix them...
                              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                              ~~Groucho Marx
                              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X