Hummel re-injures ACL and out for season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummel re-injures ACL and out for season

Just announced during the Purdue-Minnesota football game on ESPN2.

No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

I'm an IU guy but that just simply sucks. Purdue will still have a good season but with Hummel in the lineup this was going to be a special team.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Funny name. Bumble Bee in German.

Comment

That sucks. What a shame!

Comment

Just this morning, my son and I were shooting Robbie Hummel shots in the driveway. I feel like a high schooler who just got dumped by their steady girlfriend.

But as bad as I feel, I can't imagine the anguish that Robbie is going through. He is a good kid, a hard worker, a leader. He not only can shoot the ball, but he is an outstanding passer, rebounder, and defender. Painter referred to him as a "point forward" on at least one instance.

I can't imagine the hard work, rehab, and all the effort he has put forth in getting to this point- and to have it all evaporate once again. I know it is just sports, but dammit, it is more than that.

Whatever happens, I know Boiler fans are sad about the prospects for this season, but more than that, I think we are sad about Robbie, and having to start all over again. I hope we get to see him in a Purdue uniform again, but who knows.

Comment

I saw Robbie play in high school for Valparaiso. He was an excellent team player then and he continued to be a team player for the Boilers.
            It's just a shame that he'll lose another year at the least!
            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

ugh
              http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

The only silver lining could be that he could redshirt this year if he chooses. Huge loss to a good team.

Comment

Definitely too bad for the Boilers and more importantly for Robbie. I'm surprised he was cleared by the doctors to practice. In the picture on the Star's site, he was shown wearing a knee brace. If he tore the ACL again while wearing the brace, that knee couldn't have been close to being ready to play. It is a real shame for what seems to be a good guy.
                  "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Simply devastating news when received on Saturday.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X