Emails Ive received . Is it Spam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails Ive received . Is it Spam?

So in the past couple weeks Ive received an email from the United States Postal Service and UPS

telling me about a package I need to pick up.

Both are in my Spam folder but I really dont want to open them up cuz we werent expecting anything in the mail or from UPS

They look legit but hackers are usually pretty slick about these things

Im thinking if the PO or UPS wanted me to know there was a package waiting for me I would have had a post it note on my front door when I came home one day

Thoughts?
    Live like Dave

Not just spam but virus-laden, I'm almost positive.
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

The USPS would not contact you through email.

Comment

Originally posted by grogg View Post
        The USPS would not contact you through email.
        Kind of my thinking. Common sense says theyd MAIL ME SOMETHING!!
        Live like Dave

Comment

I got one this morning from the "fbi". It said it was secured, however...
          ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
            I got one this morning from the "fbi". It said it was secured, however...
            WOW! The female body inspectors emailed you?!

Follow up: Called UPS and the lady said UPS would never email a customer.

Delete.

gotta go apparently some guy in Africa left me $10,000,000 in his will. First I need to get a cashiers check to help him pay his legal bills though
            Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post

gotta go apparently some guy in Africa left me $10,000,000 in his will. First I need to get a cashiers check to help him pay his legal bills though
              I'll be glad to help you with that. This year I've won a couple of European lotteries I never entered. The Euros have just been sitting there so I'll gladly wire some to you.

Comment

Similar, but, OT. A few months ago I got a phone call that was recorded by my phone. A woman said that I had a package waiting for pickup. They gave a name of a company. She said I could pick it up at the dock. They gave no phone number, not even an address. She did mention the name of the company. Searched and searched, no company by that name exists in Illinois.

Comment

I was right... http://www.hoax-slayer.com/ups-malware.shtml
                  Live like Dave

Comment

How would USPS get your e-mail address - they have enough problems finding your street address.
                    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Originally posted by fivehundred2go View Post
                      How would USPS get your e-mail address - they have enough problems finding your street address.
                      Yeah, the whole thing just didnt feel right to me.

Y'know, whoever sent me that email probably sent it to 10,000 other people today.

Now Im sure theres a few dozen people in that group who ARE expecting something from UPS

All it takes is a small handful of those people to see an email from UPS & open it thinking it may be something about whatever package they are expecting
                      Live like Dave

Comment

There's worse stuff than that going on... My (80-something) Mom has been getting Tea party emails that have claimed everything from there being Death Panels who need a good excuse to allow someone over 80 to keep getting health care to there being a lab where they have attached human brains to mice... and then it's up to me to calm her down because she thinks that if it's on the internet then it has to be true.

And it's not just the Tea party... she keeps waiting for her check from Bill Gates for all the emails she has sent out to friends & family.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                        I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X