• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Harris Poll: Favorite NFL teams nationally

The annual Harris Poll (taken almost every year since 1998) is out:

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/New...t/Default.aspx

NOTE: Poll taken Sept. 14-20, 2010

1.) Dallas (fourth straight year at the top)
    2.) Indianapolis (ties 2007 as best rank ever)
    3.) Green Bay (best rank since topping the list in 2002-2005)
    4.) Pittsburgh (ties lowest rank since 2004)
    5.) New Orleans (best rank in the history of the poll -- previous high 17th)
    6.) New England
    7.) NY Giants
    8.) Minnesota (best rank since 2003)
    9.) Chicago (worst rank since 2002)
    10.) Atlanta (best rank ever)
    11.) Arizona (best rank ever)
    12.) San Francisco (gradual decline to worst rank ever)
    13.) Philadelphia (worst rank since 2003)
    14.) Denver
    15.) Washington
    16.) NY Jets
    17t.) Houston (best rank ever)
    17t.) Oakland
    19.) Baltimore (best rank ever)
    20.) San Diego
    21t.) Miami
    21t.) Tennessee
    23.) Carolina
    24.) St. Louis
    25.) Kansas City
    26.) Cleveland (worst rank ever)
    27t.) Cincinnati
    27t.) Tampa Bay (worst rank ever)
    29.) Buffalo
    30.) Detroit
    31.) Seattle (worst rank ever)
    32.) Jacksonville (second straight year in last and fifth out of the last six years)
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

I honestly have only known one Dallas fan and that was back in Ohio, 20 years ago. In Indy you see some Bears fans, Steelers fans, but I never see any Cowboys fans. They (the Cowboys) must be very popular in other areas of the country.
    "I would like to be able to admire a person's opinions as I would their dog - without being expected to take it home with me." ---- Frank A. Clark
    " it only makes sense for the world's most prestigious fried chicken to pair up with the world's most prestigious watch brand" ---D. Byrd

Comment

Originally posted by Formula Indy View Post
      I honestly have only known one Dallas fan and that was back in Ohio, 20 years ago. In Indy you see some Bears fans, Steelers fans, but I never see any Cowboys fans. They (the Cowboys) must be very popular in other areas of the country.
      Yeah, this is a national poll. The Cowboys simply dominate the south. Texas/Arkansas/Oklahoma/New Mexico are Cowboys country. The Texans are only slowly making a dent in the area.

In Indy specifically, I have a brother-in-law who has lived here since 1987 -- and he's a huge Cowboys fan. I also work with one.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Here's a good map, although it's not scientific because the participants are self-selected. But it does a good job of showing the geographic distribution of fans across the country:

EDIT: THIS MAP IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH THE SCIENTIFIC HARRIS POLL. IT'S A SEPARATE STUDY ALTOGETHER

Last edited by Ren Butler; 10-15-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

So how do you know who those pockets of green down in Mississippi and Arkansas belong to?

Comment

I can't tell if I'm getting credit for being a Colts, Raven or a 49ers fan.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
            I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Out in Phoenix, it wasn't uncommon to see just as much if not more Cowboys gear than Cardinals gear while I lived out there. I left during their Super Bowl year, so I don't know how much that's changed. Out here in SE Oklahoma, I've seen quite a few Saints fans in this region.

Comment

Hard to believe Seattle is second to last and ranks below Buffalo, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Detroit. Seattle is the #13 market in the US and the only other teams in that part of the country are Oakland, Denver and San Francisco. In market size, Detroit is 11, Cleveland is 16, St, Louis is 21, Charlotte 27, Cincinnati is 34, Buffalo is 49 and those teams are perennial losers. The Hawks have had a couple of rough seasons but prior to that, won the NFC West 4 years in a row and made it to the Super Bowl in 05.

Seattle should cover Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana and parts of California, Nevada and Utah.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                  Hard to believe Seattle is second to last
                  It's those fugly prison-grey uniforms.
                  "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Seattle should cover Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Idaho, Montana and parts of California, Nevada and Utah.
                    Much of that is sparsely populated (in comparison to the metropolises in other parts of the country). Also, they don't have any star players, and I would guess that they have virtually ZERO presence outside their natural area, unlike the "nation" teams like Dallas, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, and increasingly the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
                      Those are definitely ugly uniforms. I liked the blue, white & silver much better.
                      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

The fact they can't beat the LITTLE SISTERS OF THE POOR might have something to do with it...
                        My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

I dunno, I like these:

The old ones look a little cheap:

Now, these ARE ugly:

Comment

Now, these ARE ugly:
                            Still love 'em!

Okay, it looks stupid on #90, but I think it's his fat sweaty ass that hurts the ensemble.

Comment

I can't see your second picture Jim so I'm not sure what you think looks 'cheap'. These were the Seahawks uniforms & colors I liked;

​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X