No announcement yet.

NFL should go back to Leather helmets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL should go back to Leather helmets!

I think that the NFL should go back to leather helmets and softer should pads! This would probably reduce concussions, eliminate some of the more egregious spearing tackles, and probably keep most players from jumping into opponents legs (teeth meet foot/knee).

Rugby players play with even less protection.

I know this may not be too popular here, but that's the way I see it. The NFL should also, at the same time, ban astroturf and dome stadiums and cheerleaders who wear panties and regulations against team celebrations and bandanas.

Yes!
    50.00%
    No.
    50.00%
    Lose the mega-downforce and let's separate the men from the boys!

The should mandate the Xenith X1
    Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

I also am against cheerleaders wearing panties.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
        Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
          That would probably cause more concussions.
          "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Funny thing, other than the helmet and the smallest shoulder pads they can get away with, many NFLers wear little else for protection. When NFL network showed Favre's first game '92, I was surprised to see how huge everyone's shoulder pads were back then. It's all about speed.
            "Everyone in front of you is cheatin', and everyone behind you sux!"--nonpareil racer T. Kester

Comment

Ban shoes. Make football REALLY about the foot.
              "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

I think if we can make hitting walls at 200+ in race cars safer that we should be able to develop a safer system for the NFL...

It's kind of odd that in order to make football safer back in the 50s they choose to give each player a weapon to wear on their heads.

Hey... Tony's not doing much now days, maybe they should give the project to him.

BTW I voted no... simply because I have faith that they can come up with something better... I'm not old enough to have ever played in a leather helmet but I was coached by guys who did and let me tell you... there was a reason they went with plastic.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

Frank, check out that Xenith X1 helmet. It is a safer barrier for the head.

Comment

Originally posted by sightlines View Post
                    Frank, check out that Xenith X1 helmet. It is a safer barrier for the head.

See there you go... an obvious rip off of the safer system design. All they did was switch out Styrofoam for air bags. LOL

And I bet Tony will get even less credit from the NFL than he got from NASCAR

Comment

They should wear the Xenith helmet liner only!

Comment

Leather helmets and softer pads? What are they, SISSIES? Football should be played NUDE!

"I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                        --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon View Post
                          Leather helmets and softer pads? What are they, SISSIES? Football should be played NUDE!

It was when it was originally played by the ancient Greeks...

Then along came Alex Karras and that quickly put an end to that.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X