No announcement yet.

Texas Rangers Celebration: Ginger Ale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Rangers Celebration: Ginger Ale?

Pure Class by the Rangers players and staff:

Originally posted by Dallas Morning News
    Rangers celebrate ALDS title with ginger ale; Hamilton: 'It meant a lot' Anthony Andro / Contributor

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -When the Rangers clinched the American League West in Oakland, All-Star Josh Hamilton remained in the training room to avoid the alcohol bath in the postgame celebration.

After Tuesday night's 5-1 American League Division Series-clinching victory, Hamilton was in the center of the action.

Left-hander C.J. Wilson and equipment manager Richard "Hoggy" Price supplied the team with bottles of ginger ale. The team waited for Hamilton to hit the clubhouse door and then doused him with the soft drink.

Being part of the postgame festivities meant everything to Hamilton, who battled alcohol and substance-abuse problems.

"It says a lot about my teammates," he said, "them understanding the sensitivity of my situation and not wanting to send the wrong message to other people out there."

Hamilton celebrated with his teammates for a few minutes then left the clubhouse when beer and champagne showers started.

He did interviews in the hallway and reveled in the team's first playoff series win.

"Obviously this is something we've never done before," he said. "To be a part of a team that's done that in Texas is a privilege. To do it with these guys is a privilege. Hopefully we're not done.
    http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/ar...0/note-73.html

I know a lot of pro athletes have had battles with alcohol. But I have never seen a team do what the Rangers did last night to make sure that player is included. Nolan Rayn has made this a class organizaiton and those players showed it last night.
    After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

That is VERY cool.

Comment

Having a relative who is a recovering alcoholic (just celebrated 10 yrs sober!) I found this to be one of the classiest moves in recent sports history.

Well done Rangers.
      To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Comment

Gotta love that. Good move by the Rangers organization.

Comment

Very cool!
          Eff LBD!

Comment

A very moving effort by the entire organization. They have done everything possible over the last few years to help Josh stay clean.

Comment

Way awesome. Ton of respect for those players for doing that.

Comment

cool story
                http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X