Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL should be played outside in the elements!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL should be played outside in the elements!!!

Except for when it's simply not conducive for fan enjoyment, apparently... right?

The fans at The Meadowlands went scurrying like cockroaches as soon as the rain began to fall before halftime tonight in the MNF matchup between the Jets/Vikings.

Yet, all we hear from the outdoor team fans is that it's a "game for the elements" that should be "played outside".

Which is it, fans? The tv crew mentioned "rain is imminent" and then BAM, there it was... and all you could see in the stands was a rush for cover from the "tough" NY/NJ fanbase of the Jets.

Don't fret, everyone understands that the elements actually override the tough guy fan rhetoric.

Tirico said there was more lightning in the area.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

How much did it cost the taxpayers?

Ask the fans if they care as they're scurrying out of the place.

Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

There has been "lightning in the area" since 3pm which is why the game was pushed back 20+ minutes for kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post

Ask the fans if they care as they're scurrying out of the place.

The only complaint will be that there's not enough cover when inclement weather moves in.... not that they'll need the cover since they're "real football fans" & all.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
            For those who don't know, it was funded entirely by private money. But there aren't a lot of people in a lot of places who can pull off something like that privately.
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

The fans did the decent thing and evacuated when the officials asked them to. Nothing to do with being tough or not. They'd have been jerks to insist on staying in the stands and have security try to move them. It has to do with officials being terrified of any liability. Supposedly was a lot of lightning around though.
              Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Two things I don't understand. How you can build a new multipurpose stadium and not have a roof on it. And why you'd pay several hundred bucks to sit in discomfort.
                I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Originally posted by don7031 View Post
                  Two things I don't understand. How you can build a new multipurpose stadium and not have a roof on it. And why you'd pay several hundred bucks to sit in discomfort.
                  Don: damn dude, you pretty well ended this thread with that comment...
                  P.S. Now really, who wants to fight the elements to see a sporting event...
                  P.P.S. As I was typing this, I started thinking about IMS and the 500. I can justify it by saying it's the 500, but the reality is...It's all what you consider IMPORTANT...
                  My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

For the price of that building, there's no excuse not to have a roof. Like the new Yankee Stadium, its not that well appointed compared to some of its cheaper brethren. On top of that, all the whining about hosting the Super Bowl and World Cup. Put a roof on it.

Comment

The Meadowlands should be beautiful in February. Especially if a Nor'easter makes an appearance.
                      "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

You know when fans leave Gillette? When the game's over!

It's a game meant to be played outside, so we watch it outside. And when it's sleeting an snowing, we celebrate touchdowns by flinging handfuls of snow into the air like crystalline fireworks. But of course, we're from here, so we're used to it.

EDIT: Regarding the Jets game, yeah, when you see lightning and they tell you to head for cover, you bloody well head for cover.
                        Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario4ever View Post
                          The Meadowlands should be beautiful in February. Especially if a Nor'easter makes an appearance.
                          Heck yeah. Fun game!!! Just an excuse for two extra beers while tailgating.
                          Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabernerus View Post
                            You know when fans leave Gillette? When the game's over!
                            Didn't Brady complain about empty stands in the second half of the week 1 Bengals route?

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
                              For those who don't know, it was funded entirely by private money. But there aren't a lot of people in a lot of places who can pull off something like that privately.
                              That's impressive.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X