Cowboys TD Celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys TD Celebration

The Cowboys were flagged for letting a lineman spike the football after a TD.

Gimme a friggin' break.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

I'm pretty sure the official said it was a penalty that one of the guys "went to the ground" in the celebration, which is expressly forbidden.

At least I'm pretty sure I heard the official say that, and the radio announcer I was listening to said the same thing.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

The No Fun League
      I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

Aww, let the fat guy have his moment! Booooooooo!
        Manus haec inimica tyrannis ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
          I'm pretty sure the official said it was a penalty that one of the guys "went to the ground" in the celebration, which is expressly forbidden.

At least I'm pretty sure I heard the official say that, and the radio announcer I was listening to said the same thing.
          The TV announcer said it was because the celebration involved two people. Either way the flag was ridiculous and this comes from the Cowboys' single biggest hater.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
            The TV announcer said it was because the celebration involved two people. Either way the flag was ridiculous and this comes from the Cowboys' single biggest hater.
            Then you cannot possibly be the biggest hater.
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            ~~Groucho Marx
            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Everything was fine at first. It had nothing to do with two players being involved, that's not a penalty. But at he very end there you see Colombo stumble and fall backward after the chest bump and he just continues his roll to get back to his feet. The official decided that violated a rule against "going to the ground" to celebrate. They must have seen ESPN's commercial proposing "sizzling bacon" and be trying to stop that...
                Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I assumed it was because the ball was handed to a lineman to spike.
                  Kind of a borderline 'choreographed' celebration---the type which was getting way out of hand years ago.
                  ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

A Dallas fan told me Witten always does that, it's his thing to hand it off to be spiked. And the guy said it's never been called a penalty before.
                    Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Hmmm...
                      ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                        A Dallas fan told me Witten always does that, it's his thing to hand it off to be spiked. And the guy said it's never been called a penalty before.
                        That's irrelevant. In the video, you can barely hear the ref say it's for "[going] to the ground in the end zone." His mike cuts in just before he says "ground."

The announcers are clueless (surprise).
                        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
                          That's irrelevant.
                          This time. I was just discussing the choreographed aspect of the celebration because it was brought up for discussion.

I already said the penalty was for going to the ground. The NFL said that it was, and Dallas is protesting, wondering how a guy tripping and falling is a penalty.

Comment

Gotcha. I didn't see a quote in your post, so I didn't know exactly why you mentioned that.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                              This time. I was just discussing the choreographed aspect of the celebration because it was brought up for discussion.

I already said the penalty was for going to the ground. The NFL said that it was, and Dallas is protesting, wondering how a guy tripping and falling is a penalty.

I may be the single biggest opponent of the ridiculous staged celebrations. I HATE anything that calls attention to the individual. The NFL has outlawed team celebrations and I just don't get it. Remember the Redskins' TD celebrations? I thought they were exactly what should happen. Celebration as a team. Frankly I'd like to see them throw flags on the guys who make a big play then run away from their teammates to get their camera time. That's what will push me away from the NFL.

They need to ban the solo celebrations and allow the team celebrations.
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X