Olives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olives

For the past 15 years or so I have run the gambit of stuffed olives...garlic, blue cheese, et al. But I discovered this evening that the plain old queen, non-pitted green olive is the perfect ending to martini.
    ...---...

Not a fan of 'dirty' martinis, but I do like olive(s) in mine.
    "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
    “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
    "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Once in a while I will fix a martini for myself for the evening. Three stuffed olives, I rinse them. One shot of vermouth, and 4 shots of gin, on the rocks. It lasts about 4 hours.

Comment

I like mine soaked in gin, as well. 3. Bombay Sapphire, right out of the freezer.

I suppose it's soon to be Mumbai, but I'll still like it.
        "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

I like a very cold vodka dirty martini with a bleu cheese olive. Any good vodka will do, I hate gin, my wife loves it. She gets some English gin i can't recall the name, but you gin guys would love it I expect.
          A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

Comment

I think a martini is probably a good finisher for an olive.
            On vacation I returned a gin n tonic as it was terrible.
            She looked at me like I was crazy (I don't know how she knew).
            She came back later and apologized after they checked their tonic at my suggestion.
            "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
            ~~Groucho Marx
            I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

I love pimento stuffed queen olives to this day because my dad liked them in his martinis. Dad used to drink a martini every evening, and would occassionally let me have the olive. I never did inherit his love of martinis, but I keep a big jar of pimento stuffed queen olives in the fridge to this day for salads and snacks. I will admit, they taste best soaked in gin, but I don't drink any longer, and when I did, I never really did like gin. Go figure . . .

Comment

I a more of a Gibson dude. Love them cocktail onions. Icy cold Skyy vodka.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X