X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best NFL Team Ever - Da Bears (no, not htis year's), 1985

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/read...eatestNFL.html

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/foot.../greatest.html

"Top it all off with the greatest person to ever play any game, any time, Mr. Walter Payton."

MJ might argue that point, but that's another thread.
    A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Remember when The Fridge" was considered big? I think most OL outweight his playing weight.

Comment

I got a kick out of Jim McMahon. More for his off-field antics than his on-field performance.
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
          Caption: I scored a TD in the Super Bowl and Walter Payton never did.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
            Caption: I scored a TD in the Super Bowl and Walter Payton never did.

Something terribly wrong with that too.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
              I got a kick out of Jim McMahon. More for his off-field antics than his on-field performance.
              Lot's of "personalities" on that team, Dan Hampton, Steve McMichael, McMahon, Payton, Perry, Ditka, Buddy Ryan.

Comment

Everyone knows the '78 Steelers were the best of all-time. The Cowboys of '77 (or maybe 78) would have beaten Aikman's teams as well.
                Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I've never been a Bear's fan, but that 1985 team was incredibly good.
                  "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

I was only a little bit of a Bears fan because they were the team we saw on tv in our area each week and I liked watching Walter Payton. Plus it was rooting for the bumbling losers many previous years. (Like being a Lions fan.) But I jumped onto the Bears bandwagon early in '85. What a defense. McMahon had a good year, for him, as well.
                    Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I bet Mike Singletary is wishing he had just 1/5 of the winning record the '85 Bears had. One thing for sure, he was a beast on the field and a buffoon as a coach.

Comment

The '65 Bears had a couple of rookies named Butkus and Sayers.
                        ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
                          The '65 Bears had a couple of rookies named Butkus and Sayers.
                          Yeah, but I preferred the team that had guys named Nitschke and Starr...oh, and some coach named Lombardi.
                          "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Just an unbelievable season. I have never seen a town so overwhelmingly involved with a team.
                            The concrete lions in front of the Art Institute sported oversized Bears helmets.
                            The team had so many commercials by team members it was a wonder they practised at all.
                            The town was crazy.
                            Best game.... hands down, was the Minnesota game. Ditka rollerscating during the pre game interview calling the stadium a roller rink.
                            Bears down by 17 at half because McMahon was out with an injury. Mac begged Ditka to put him in to start the second half.
                            First play for the Bears in the second half was a 60 yard TD pass to Willie Gault. Bears down by 10.
                            Defense forces a three and out. McMahons second play of the half.... another TD. Bears down by 3.
                            Then McMahon turned it on. As I recall, McMahon had five plays and scored 20 points. Bears won going away!
                            And the rest, as they say, is history....

ZOOOM
                            "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                            James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Mario4ever View Post
                              Yeah, but I preferred the team that had guys named Nitschke and Starr...oh, and some coach named Lombardi.

Never heard of 'em...

Actually, growing up my Dad was a Bears fan (lived in South Bend) so that's who I followed way back in the day.
                              ...---...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X