Here's why I call the Kansas City NFL team "Patriots West"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's why I call the Kansas City NFL team "Patriots West"

... and why I cannot and will not bring myself to be a fan of them.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/08...bigger-to.html

JMO: Carl Peterson was an arrogant SOB who thought himself one of the League's greater football minds, but one thing he got PROFOUNDLY right was promoting and establishing a local identity. At the height of the Peterson era, this was OUR TEAM. No question about it. It was as hometown as jazz and barbecue and promoted as such. The players had a fantastic local presence.

Now that's all but gone and suddenly it's easy to get tickets to Arrowhead for games. Even with the team currently undefeated, though that won't last past this weekend. Why? It's not so much that they're losing as that they're not really local anymore. Scott Pioli his first day here made a big deal out of bringing the Patriots' winning ethic to Kansas City. It's not been reported, but I suspect that turned a lot of people off here. And then, everyone disappeared, Pioli included. Big, big mistake.
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

I hope the Colts do as you wish today, and I think they will, even with their defensive problems.
    It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Count me as another hoping the Colts do as you wish. Today I get the game broadcast! However, I'm gonna have to be checking up on the Rangers game at the same time. This is going to be a busy day.

Comment

I see what you mean, Sky. Vrabel, Cromel, Weis. Where was Bruschi and Ty Law?

Comment

Gosh, how dare they try and win. You think because having former New England people is the reason people stay away from the games????

Comment

Those guys need a quarterback.
            “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

I gotta say, KC looked quite a bit different yesterday than they have the past couple years. There was something very professional and confident about them. They were just playing in a place where it's difficult to win as a road team.
              No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
                I gotta say, KC looked quite a bit different yesterday than they have the past couple years. There was something very professional and confident about them. They were just playing in a place where it's difficult to win as a road team.
                That's why I didn't understand Dierdorf's comment. KC is a good team this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
                  I agree, I thought they looked good. They've been a much different team to watch this year than they were the last time I watched them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X