• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallbladder

Anyone have their's taken out?

How painful was the recovery, etc
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

They do it now via laparoscopy. It's really non-invasive. My recovery time was about a week. That was for all the swelling to subside. I felt better a couple of days post surgery. They made three small incisions in my abdomen, then went in via my naval to get the gallbladder out. My surgery was emergency surgery as I had a gall stone that ripped open my gall bladder and the bile was seeping into my system making me ill.

Comment

Yikes, Slim.

My sister just had hers taken out last week in a non-emergency surgery. It went just as Slim described with her off work for two weeks instead of one. She has an incredibly LOW threshold for pain.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I had mine out five years ago. Definitely don't miss it. I had an acute condition but not an "emergency". Actually, it was a big dinner at The Flag Room that put me into the emergency room and I had the surgery two weeks later.

I don't want to scare you or anything, but although lots of people (doctors included) downplay gallbladder surgery as no big deal, surgery hurts. Fortunately, the pain goes away eventually (unlike the issues you'll have if you leave the gallbladder there). But in the first couple of days I was pretty uncomfortable, even with the percoset I was taking. Mine was also done laparoscopically, as Slim described.

Good luck!
        Paul Woods
        IndyCar Buzz | 500 Miles to Go

Comment

Thanks for the info
          "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
            Thanks for the info
            Chris: good luck! I've been donating body parts to science lately, and it really sucks, cause I was still using them...
            My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
              They do it now via laparoscopy. It's really non-invasive. My recovery time was about a week. That was for all the swelling to subside. I felt better a couple of days post surgery. They made three small incisions in my abdomen, then went in via my naval to get the gallbladder out. My surgery was emergency surgery as I had a gall stone that ripped open my gall bladder and the bile was seeping into my system making me ill.
              Slim: You got lucky, bro...Going septic ranks way low on my choice of physical problems...The good Lord was shinin' on yo' butt...
              My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Harrington View Post
                Slim: You got lucky, bro...Going septic ranks way low on my choice of physical problems...The good Lord was shinin' on yo' butt...
                Thanks, Jack....trust me the physical illness the bile was causing me was enough to get me into the ER. I think the worst part was when they had to spread my ribs a little bit to get the ultrasound of my gall bladder---it hurt bad enough that I grabbed onto the curtain that separated the room and ripped it right down from it's slide-track thing.

Oh and just a little piddly thing...but I'm a dudette rather than a dude. =)

Comment

:,,,,,::,,,,,::,,,,,:Slim: My name is Jack, but you can call me clueless...:withstupi

Comment

Chris, you don't want to know the details of Detonator's laproscopic removal of her gall bladder...suffice to say that she was probably the "one in a thousand"...
                    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X