X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civics Quiz

http://www.americancivicliteracy.org...rces/quiz.aspx

Not perfect - 29/33 but does not deserve a
    Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

24 for 33.
    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Missed one, my civics teacher would have been pissed!
      “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
      I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
      I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

missed 3 trick questions!!!!
        returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

69.7% for me.

Time to hit the books.
          "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

33/33, but that's just a number. :tg
            It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

I missed five, two of those I should have known. For those who got #27 right, congratulations, you were lucky.
              A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

Comment

Here are a couple of previous threads on this, if you'd like to see how some others did:

Civil Literacy Test

Civics quiz...
                "If there is a place on Earth synonymous with race cars, it is Indianapolis." -- Bernie Ecclestone

"No matter where you go in the world, you say Indianapolis and they don't think about football or basketball, they think about the race." -- Richard Petty

Comment

I thought it looked familiar.
                  It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Originally posted by fasteddy View Post
                    I missed five, two of those I should have known. For those who got #27 right, congratulations, you were lucky.
                    I thought that was pretty clear if you take time and read it carefully enough. Free marketers are always touting that prices are information which is why they work better.

The one I liked was number 30, which policy combination was a government likely to choose in a severe recession. I said reduce taxes and increase spending because I felt that's what they were looking for.

I had 32 of 33. A couple were just lucky guesses I think, ( sadly a couple bill of rights questions were partly guesses) and I missed what Lincoln and Scott debated about, I chose between whether new territories would be slave states, and whether states had a right to secede, and chose secession. I should have known that as slavery expansion was a big issue. Plus I read "Team of Rivals" just last year.
                    Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

29/33

Read too fast on one of 'em...

This is pathetic....

Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

Comment

32/33. Missed No. 27.
                        I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

28/33, Not to shabby I guess.

Comment

31 of 33. A number of the economic questions had "correct" answers that were more theory than fact, but many of the alternatives were ridiculous.

Coyote: "The one I liked was number 30, which policy combination was a government likely to choose in a severe recession. I said reduce taxes and increase spending because I felt that's what they were looking for."

That was a good example of my comment (one I got right, but I think the answer is not really right). The question says which is the gov't "likely" to choose. Problem is that the question should read "should" choose. I don't think Gov't actually are "likely" to choose reduce taxes and increase spending. Neither George H.W. Bush, nor Barack Obama, folllowed that path, which means "likely" is very questionable.

Comment

27/33
                              A couple were 'tricky', like 33. Tried to read it too literally.
                              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X