• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Twins

They really need this guy.

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain View Post
    They really need this guy.
    Harmon was brought up to play for the Indianapolis Indians in the late 50's and he couldn't hit or field and he was sent back to Nashville, then double A where he hit 19 home runs in a month or two. The rest is history, so to speak!
    Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I just realized the new home jerseys for the Twins are actually throwbacks. Neat.

Comment

I remember Harmon's failed attempt with the Indianapolis Indians. I was surprised how he blossomed with the Washington Senators come Minnesota Twins.

Actually, the Twins could have used Justin Morneau, but it is looking as if even if he were available it might not have made much difference. The Yankees have always had the Twins' number.
        Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
        Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
        Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Its amazing how far the Twins have come. I remember when they were trying to get funding for a new ballpark and there was even talk of contraction. I don't remember how long ago it was. Now they have a beautiful new field and have been almost a regular playoff team. They were able to resign Joe Mauer to a long term deal. Last time I remember them missing was in 2008, when it came down to them or the White Sox for the final playoff spot.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X