What Are Your Outdoor Activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are Your Outdoor Activities

Curious to see if anyone else spends any time away from their keyboards and enjoys the great outdoors. Select as many choices that apply to you. Votes will not be public, so nobody will know if you are totally honest or not.
    Hunting
    1.90%
    Fishing
    7.14%
    Camping
    7.62%
    Hiking
    9.52%
    Mountain Climbing
    2.38%
    Sky Diving
    0.00%
    Target or Skeet Shooting
    4.29%
    Motor Boating
    3.81%
    Running
    5.24%
    Walking
    10.95%
    Snow Skiing
    2.86%
    Snow Mobile
    1.43%
    Archery
    1.43%
    Horse Riding
    0.95%
    Scuba / Snorkle
    1.90%
    Caving
    0.95%
    Canoeing / Kayaking
    4.76%
    Water Skiing
    0.48%
    Golf
    6.19%
    Tennis
    0.95%
    Softball
    1.43%
    In-Line Skating
    0.48%
    Surfing
    0.48%
    Soccer
    0.95%
    Rugby
    0.48%
    Paintball / Airsoft
    0.48%
    Cycling
    7.14%
    Football - American
    1.90%
    Volleyball
    0.95%
    Sit on Deck or Patio
    10.95%

*cough* *choke* Sailing is not on the poll!!??!!

Comment

I was the second vote. Whoever voted first shares the same interests that I do: hiking, walking, cycling, and sitting. I added volleyball too (I play outdoors at least three days a week when the weather is nice).

I used to play softball, tennis, and rugby.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Cant_hit_apex View Post
        *cough* *choke* Sailing is not on the poll!!??!!
        Most sorry for that one Mr. Apex. I should have left Boating as such and not included Motor in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
          I was the second vote. Whoever voted first shares the same interests that I do: hiking, walking, cycling, and sitting. I added volleyball too (I play outdoors at least three days a week when the weather is nice).

I used to play softball, tennis, and rugby.
          Ren, I voted first. Looks like we could be friends. Don't currently play volleyball, but do enjoy it. Used to play softball and a little tennis. Never ventured into Rugby though.

Comment

Originally posted by TC in Indy View Post
            Ren, I voted first.

I thought I did. After I selected I viewed results and saw only 1??

No matter. It does look as though we like sitting on the porch!
            ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
              I thought I did. After I selected I viewed results and saw only 1??

No matter. It does look as though we like sitting on the porch!
              Cheezy, perhaps we voted simultaneously. I am in your great state of Wisconsin this week (Milwaukee). Leaving this afternoon and taking some cheese curds with me. Nice town, nice state. Will be back for sure. Possibly the Indy Car race next June.

Comment

As of right now, it appears I am the only one who thinks walking to the top of a tall hunk of rock, standing there for 15-30 minutes then walking back down is a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by TC in Indy View Post
                  Cheezy, perhaps we voted simultaneously. I am in your great state of Wisconsin this week (Milwaukee). Leaving this afternoon and taking some cheese curds with me. Nice town, nice state. Will be back for sure. Possibly the Indy Car race next June.

...---...

Comment

You left out urination, defecation, and copulation.
                    All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.

Comment

At some period of my life I have done almost all of the activities in the poll, but will limit the current activity to competitive skeet. Any other shotgunners?
                      All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.

Comment

There are many that I've done to different degrees in the past (biking, camping and softball come immediately to mind) but do less of now so I didn't include them.

I would have included snowshoeing as a current choice but didn't want to count that as skiing (another one I used to do a fair amount of)
                        Eff LBD!

Comment

Originally posted by mstove View Post
                          I would have included snowshoeing as a current choice but didn't want to count that as skiing (another one I used to do a fair amount of)
                          Yeah, but you're in Wisconsin, so you can go snowshoeing, what, only 49 weeks out of the year?
                          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Hiking. I'd check caving, but I haven't done that in nearly 8 years (and was never avid at it). And photography... which goes hand in hand with hiking and is like hunting except I shoot with a Canon an I don't kill my subjects.
                            "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
                              I'd check caving, but I haven't done that in nearly 8 years (and was never avid at it).
                              Does caving count as "outdoors?"

It's inside, but then I guess most caves don't technically have doors...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X