My Center Grove Trojans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Center Grove Trojans

Nick Stoner is a cornerback headed to IU.

Joel Hale is a Defensive lineman headed to Ohio State.

Brian Jansen is our Mike Linebacker who could play anywhere but his options will be limited because he's only 6'1".

Jimmy Daggett is our running back who has been offered by Dartmouth and would have many more offers if he wasn't white. (Sorry but that's the truth.)

Coach Moore is very simply the best high school coach in the state of Indiana. I know others don't like to hear that but I challenge you to show me another coach who has gotten more out of less.

Regardless, this is the video that will be played at Saturday's game at Lucas Oil Stadium.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

How is Mr. Krebs doing? Good luck to the team this weekend!

Comment

I'm glad you asked baker57. Bryce is having a fantastic year. His script is still being written but I have little doubt that he will be getting a free education somewhere.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
        ... I challenge you to show me another coach who has gotten more out of less.
        Somebody who got something additional out of the most talented team in the state could be the best coach. Seems odd to limit the best coach award only to those who start with less.

But I don't know of this awesome coach. Just a thought.
        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
          Somebody who got something additional out of the most talented team in the state could be the best coach. Seems odd to limit the best coach award only to those who start with less.

But I don't know of this awesome coach. Just a thought.
          As I said, some people don't like to hear it...
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I picked up a couple of CG graduates to help me teach ... drums. Top notch. Not that I expected any different. Now back to your regularly scheduled gridiron talk!
            "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

Nick Stoner is a cornerback headed to IU.

Joel Hale is a Defensive lineman headed to Ohio State.

Brian Jansen is our Mike Linebacker who could play anywhere but his options will be limited because he's only 6'1".

Jimmy Daggett is our running back who has been offered by Dartmouth and would have many more offers if he wasn't white. (Sorry but that's the truth.)

Coach Moore is very simply the best high school coach in the state of Indiana. I know others don't like to hear that but I challenge you to show me another coach who has gotten more out of less.

Regardless, this is the video that will be played at Saturday's game at Lucas Oil Stadium.
              Only one I can think of is Darren Sunket of East St. Louis, but as you said, in Indiana. But Sunket is the best IMO in the Midwest.

On the whole, it's great to see those kids doing well. I watched most of them (has it been that long ago?) in the Pop Warner League when my son was still playing.

Comment

As I said, some people don't like to hear it...
                I have no dog in this fight, as I don't follow HS football, but why is this, TD?
                It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain View Post
                  Only one I can think of is Darren Sunket of East St. Louis, but as you said, in Indiana. But Sunket is the best IMO in the Midwest.

On the whole, it's great to see those kids doing well. I watched most of them (has it been that long ago?) in the Pop Warner League when my son was still playing.
                  My high school played ESL this season and lost 31-22. ESL scored late in the game to wrap it up, but during the game they had one play drives of 55, 75 and 84 yards! They could really get it down the field in a hurry!
                  I'd like to see some other Indiana teams play them to see how they would measure up to ESL.
                  Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by PDC View Post
                    I have no dog in this fight, as I don't follow HS football, but why is this, TD?
                    Pride with a little lack of knowledge sprinkled in.

We all think ours is the best. We also tend to think that the team that wins the most has the best coach. That's rarely true in high school. In Indiana we have Warren Central. You & I could win state championships coaching Warren Central. Kevin Wright won three in a row with a roster full of studs and let himself believe it was due to him. He went out to Oklahoma and learned otherwise. Carmel made a mistake (IMHO) by hiring him upon his return. He'll win more games there because Carmel is also an enormous school with lots of athletes but I think his lack of discipline will wear thin at Carmel. I don't see that as a long marriage.

Long story short...people will question how I can call him the best when he has only won one title. Those are generally the people who can't see beyond rings. There's much more to it than that.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy View Post
                      My high school played ESL this season and lost 31-22. ESL scored late in the game to wrap it up, but during the game they had one play drives of 55, 75 and 84 yards! They could really get it down the field in a hurry!
                      I'd like to see some other Indiana teams play them to see how they would measure up to ESL.
                      Me too.

But I'd also like to see my team play your team.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Me too.

But I'd also like to see my team play your team.
                        We used to play CG in the 80's. I don't know why we don't play except CG's in the MIC and Cathedral ain't. We'll be opening with Ben Davis next year instead of Carmel.
                        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

We used to play CG in the 80's. I don't know why we don't play except CG's in the MIC and Cathedral ain't. We'll be opening with Ben Davis next year instead of Carmel.
                          I figured that Cathedral plays the out of state teams and the MIC teams for two reasons:

1. Toughens you up for the playoffs
                          2. Shows the recruiters that your kids can play against the 5A kids.

Ben Davis is a good program but they are now clearly the fourth best team in the MIC.
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

I figured that Cathedral plays the out of state teams and the MIC teams for two reasons:

1. Toughens you up for the playoffs
                            2. Shows the recruiters that your kids can play against the 5A kids.

Ben Davis is a good program but they are now clearly the fourth best team in the MIC.
                            Yep #1 and #2 are correct, Sir!
                            We played Ben Davis at the end of the Dullaghan era and they whipped up on us pretty good in the early 2000's. They had some incredible teams at that time. Hopefully we can steal one from them every once in awhile the next few years.
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

They wouldn't measure up to them, and although we'll really never know, I don't think the Trojans could beat them. ESL is just too strong, big and flippin' fast. I saw them against you guys and I don't believe any team in the state can beat them this year. Not even Warren Central, though the Warriors did beat the Flyers a few years ago.

This year, the Flyers may run the table in Illinois' 7A Division, but they have a roadblock with perinnial power Chicago St. Rita. If neither team stumbles, it will be a helluva game.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X