Uncut Granite Slabs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncut Granite Slabs?

Does anybody know where they can be purchased within a reasonable drive from Indy?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1034394112/tt0078902
    ...---...

Comment

How thick? You might call the "Stone Center" on 65th street. I have seen some 1.5" - 2" thick at Home Depot at times.
      Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

2" would probably be a bit excessive. I'm wanting to cut my own kitchen countertops. The best I've found so far is 1 1/4" thick quartz for $16 a square foot. I'm pretty happy with that if I can't find granite, but I'd prefer granite. I'll give the Stone Center a call.
        Last edited by Gomer Simpson; 10-06-2010, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
          2" would probably be a bit excessive. I'm wanting to cut my own kitchen cabinets. The best I've found so far is 1 1/4" thick quartz for $16 a square foot. I'm pretty happy with that if I can't find granite, but I'd prefer granite. I'll give the Stone Center a call.
          Is someone going to put this on YouTube?

Comment

Whoops, meant to say countertops. I'm buying unfinished cabinets.

I'm doing an entire home remodel. Video may or may not become available, probably depending on the amount of blood lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post

I'm doing an entire home remodel. Video may or may not become available, probably depending on the amount of blood lost.

and i assume you know the weight per square foot of granite?? and how to fabricate it without ruining the entire slab? you da man if you can pull it off..... kudos for effort anyway.
              returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

The granite is expensive - cutting it is cheap. I bought a piece from a boneyard and they had a huge water cutter that went through it like butter. Can't remember the name off hand, but it was a mile or so West of Shadeland in the 30's block. HUGE boneyard selection. This place did all the work for Lucas Oil Stadium. If not them, there are no fewer than five places on Shadeland in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by R22 View Post
                  and i assume you know the weight per square foot of granite?? and how to fabricate it without ruining the entire slab? you da man if you can pull it off..... kudos for effort anyway.
                  I have piles of scrap available that I can practice cutting. I've read quite a bit and have several weeks still before I do anything. I will make a plywood template and make sure it's perfect before touching the rock with a blade.

I'm pretty confident, but the bottom line is I plan on doing many kitchens after this one, so one way or the other it's something I need to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy_22 View Post
                    The granite is expensive - cutting it is cheap. I bought a piece from a boneyard and they had a huge water cutter that went through it like butter. Can't remember the name off hand, but it was a mile or so West of Shadeland in the 30's block. HUGE boneyard selection. This place did all the work for Lucas Oil Stadium. If not them, there are no fewer than five places on Shadeland in that area.
                    Was it this place?

http://www.gara-granite.com/

I was in there this afternoon. He seemed to think it would be about $2500 to purchase and cut the amount that I need. I didn't get the impression that he would see me a sheet uncut. I didn't see any other places in the area listed in on yp.com, so I didn't look anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson
                      You gotta admit, though-granite cabinets would be DAMN cool.
                      "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                        You gotta admit, though-granite cabinets would be DAMN cool.
                        That would be very "Flintstoneian"
                        Jim Naden Atlanta, Indiana

Growing Old Is No Excuse For Growing Up.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination"
                        Thomas Sowell

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard111 View Post
                          But they would live well into the 23rd century.
                          Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Digging through some old stuff, I found the place in Indy I used for our bathroom. Huge boneyard and decent prices.

Majestic Stone Imports, LLC
                            5902 East 34th Street, Suite B
                            Indianapolis, IN 46218
                            Fabricators, Installers and Maintenance of:
                            Granite, Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Slate, Ceasarstone and
                            Zodiaq, Engineered Stone Products
                            Office: (317) 237-4400

Comment

Originally posted by Maynard111 View Post
                              Visions of gomer with a 'rock' hammer and a Pterodactyl bill chisel...
                              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                              ~~Groucho Marx
                              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X