X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre to Moss

Looks official. Moss back to Minnesota.
    ...---...

Only 9 receptions for 139 yards this year. The Pats have stopped going downfield and can only run the short stuff these days. It's effective, but this is not the Pats team it was a couple years ago.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
      Only 9 receptions for 139 yards this year. The Pats have stopped going downfield and can only run the short stuff these days. It's effective, but this is not the Pats team it was a couple years ago.

It's effective because teams have to worry about the deep threat with Moss which allows Welker to roam more in the middle of the field. It will be interesting see how that changes now. As a Colts, I'm glad he is gone from NE.
      "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
        It's effective because teams have to worry about the deep threat with Moss which allows Welker to roam more in the middle of the field. It will be interesting see how that changes now. As a Colts, I'm glad he is gone from NE.
        Hernandez has been the go-to guy, but they haven't used him deep yet. He's more of a Dallas Clark type: a tight end who is more like a wide receiver. Who the heck is the deep threat now?
        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Who the heck is the deep threat now?
          Brandon Tate.

He'll be more effective than Moss has been so far this year. When Moss isn't happy, he doesn't put the effort on the field. He hasn't been happy since the start of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
            Brandon Tate.
            Are the officials going to give him extra leeway to push off like Moss has always had?

He's not going to get nearly as much attention as Moss until he proves he can be a threat.

Comment

It shouldn't take him long. Dude is fast.

Comment

I was hopeing they keep Moss to the end of the year. But the dude has problems he awalys gets so work up to where he can't trust no one on his team, So they end up tradeing him. Like monday night he had a inzone catch now i wonder if he was giveing %100... Won't hurt as bad with Welker, Tate.

Comment

Who the heck is the deep threat now?

Linda Lovel...oh wait...you said threat
                  ...---...

Comment

Something smells in this trade. Has to be more to the move than a 3rd round pick.
                    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
                    body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
                    "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
                    >

Comment

Originally posted by Niseguy View Post
                      Something smells in this trade. Has to be more to the move than a 3rd round pick.
                      Why? NE gets something out of an underproductive older player with a bad attitude instead of just letting him go for nothing after the season.

With the way the o-line pass blocks and BB coaches, any reasonable combination of QB and smart receivers is going to score a lot of points for the Pats. Any discussion of their offensive success over the past decade starts with the o-line.

Comment

I hate this deal. The Bears still have to play the Vikes twice.

Comment

When Rice gets healthy the Vikes could be potent. Moss, Rice, Harvin, Shiancoe and AP. That could be lethal.
                          "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Being a Minnesota fan I'm not sure if this is good for the team or not.
                            "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                              Being a Minnesota fan I'm not sure if this is good for the team or not.
                              I don't think you have anything to worry about for this year. Moss has wanted to play with Favre. He won't get disgruntled until next year if he's still there and by that time who cares, right? This is the year you have to make a run because Brett is gone after this year. After that it will be a rebuilding project IMO.
                              "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X