The New Hawaii Five-0...Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Hawaii Five-0...Revisited

After three episodes what are you guys thinkin' about the show?
    My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

It is good enough for me to keep watching it, but it isn't great. With the original Law and Order gone, and NCIS not really appealing to me any more I had a new spot for a police drama along side CSI and Bones. Of the rest of the police dramas Hawaii Five-0 is the best of them, of course I would like something that is not a legal or police drama even more.

Comment

I only saw a portion of 1 episode, but it left me thinking the new McGarrett and Dano are overacheiving slackers rather than the professional hard nosed cops in the old show. Maybe I need to watch more?
      "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
      “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
      "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

An overachieving slacker? Explain?

I saw a scene where one gangster gunned down the wannabe gangsters (who had tried to double cross him) with a machine gun, and afterward he lamented what passed for a gangster anymore. That was cool. But I didn't see any skimpy bikinis in the next few minutes so I went on to other shows.
        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I missed last nights episode but I liked the first two.

Theyre in a tough spot trying to re-do a classic. But I like the effort so far. The characters are likeable enough and I like how McGarrett and Dan-o dont always exactly see eye to eye like they did in the 70s version

I dont typically have any shows that I need to see every week but I find myself looking for this one every Monday

The rookie cop is still easy to look at too
          Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Jsieczka View Post
            It is good enough for me to keep watching it, but it isn't great. With the original Law and Order gone, and NCIS not really appealing to me any more I had a new spot for a police drama along side CSI and Bones. Of the rest of the police dramas Hawaii Five-0 is the best of them.
            Beg to differ, 'Detroit 1-8-7' is pretty darn good, might be my favorite new show ........ although the pickings are pretty slim. I really enjoyed 'Lone Star' and it is already gone. I've got 'Chase' on my DVR, haven't watched it yet. 'Outlaw' is awful.

Comment

Show needs to get moving to keep my interest.

Comment

Finally caught it this week. At least it is no "EV3NT" (has it been cancelled yet?). It is not the old for sure. Too bad, imho, they did not develop new characters as the former had surely retired. There is too much "baggage" from the old. It may habe been a flawed mistake. I will not be putting it on my DVR to not miss an episode.
                Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

i watched the first episode, but have only dvr'd the rest. i couldn't grasp what i preceived to be the equality between the mcgarrett and dano characters. i always thought steve to be numero uno???
                  returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateway Fan View Post
                      I still haven't watched, but Grace Park in a bikini is the only reason I can think to watch the show. Are they using the old theme? Because that would be another.
                      It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

Watched the first three and decided that was enough, I tried to like it but it really did nothing for me, I laughed at some of the plot lines and I don't think that was the writers intention. Calling it Hawaii Five O is insult to the original maybe a better choice would have been Hawaii Vice or something original.
                        I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

How many times in the original series did they have "gunza-blazin" shootouts. I really can't recall any like was in the program on Monday night. Having not seen the first two programs, did they rely on that type of scene for the "omph" or did they manage to do it by writing a script? And back then, there was the thought there was too much violence on Gunsmoke. There were more bullets in the air depicted Monday than a whole season of Gunsmoke.
                          Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Gunsmoke could use a good remake! Can't wait to see the new Miss Kitty.
                            Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                              Gunsmoke could use a good remake! Can't wait to see the new Miss Kitty.
                              Here's one for you, Coyote: Did you realize, the only surviving member of the main Gunsmoke cast, is James Arness? When Buck Taylor died a couple years ago, "Matt" officially outlived them all. He's pushing 90 and still gets asked to make appearances at Dodge City Days (but hasn't done it lately).
                              "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                              --Danny Noonan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X