Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colts' Safety Melvin Bullitt out for the season...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colts' Safety Melvin Bullitt out for the season...........

with a broken bone in his right shoulder. Per Adam Shefter's tweet.

And a 18 game schedule is coming?
    "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
    with a broken bone in his right shoulder. Per Adam Shefter's tweet.

And a 18 game schedule is coming?
    Talk about a non sequitur.

Perhaps if it were only a three-game season, he would have been okay.

Bob Sanders might have survived a one-quarter-of-one-game season.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

Perhaps if it were only a three-game season, he would have been okay.

Bob Sanders might have survived a one-quarter-of-one-game season.
      I know, it is all relative.

But, dropping like flies right now.
      "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

This sucks. ANY player at that position that is currently available has already lost a step, or 3 & there is a reason they are available.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
          This sucks. ANY player at that position that is currently available has already lost a step, or 3 & there is a reason they are available.

Yep, I agree. The Colts' options are undrafted FA rookie Brandon King who has been hurt or DeJuan Morgan a FA the Colts picked up off the street a couple of weeks ago.

I'd like to see the Colts go for a trade, but I doubt it will happen.

Comment

For anyone that cares, the IR for 2010 is approaching 150 players. That's a lot of players folks.

The NFL today = Gladiators of Roman Times

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
              I don't think so. More games equals more opportunities for an already thin lineup to be further depleted. I'm sure the Colts are happy that the 18 game schedule isn't in effect for this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer Simpson View Post
                I don't think so. More games equals more opportunities for an already thin lineup to be further depleted. I'm sure the Colts are happy that the 18 game schedule isn't in effect for this season.
                Yeah, but one injury in week 4 hardly makes a point about an 18-game schedule. Injuries in football have been happening forever, and in every week of the season. This argument is like saying that you can't extend the school year because there will be more fights in the hallways.

The only way that injuries enter the discussion, IMO, is if the number of injuries per game somehow increases with an 18-game schedule. That could happen, but doesn't necessarily have to happen (for many other reasons discussed in other threads).
                No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

I just think that the quality of football dimishes proportionally to decreases in the talent pool. The longer a season is extended, the shallower the pool and the worse the football, regardless of whether the injuries-per-game number goes up. I would just prefer that the playoffs be played before it decreases too much. I question whether or not we're already there with a 16 game schedule.

Comment

But if you enjoy college ball, high school ball -- heck, even the UFL -- it shouldn't matter that much. Replacing two preseason games with two regular-season games simply won't make a huge difference in the quality of the games played.

Comment

And some want to believe that the Colts aren't a team that's in trouble and going to be lucky to make the play-offs, let alone win 'if' they get there.
                      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Did not want to see this... :mad:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X