Yankees vs. Twins

Predictions?

Mine:
    Phils in 4
    Braves in 4

Amercan League
    Texas in 5
    Yankees in 4

Well, us Phillies fans are definitely outnumbered here, AHL.

I don't follow baseball that closely so I'm reduced to repeating what I hear the talking heads say. Given that, I'm not real scared by the Reds. From what I've heard its the Giants that need to be feared due to their pitching staff.

Is the first round a 5 game series?
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

First things first. What about the 2010 MLB playoffs.

Comment

Hey, the Phillies had the best record in the regular season!!

:trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy::trophy:

That and a quarter...
        Center Grove Trojans
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Originally posted by grogg View Post
          First things first. What about the 2010 MLB playoffs.

I think youre supposed to make predicitons

Seattle Pilots over the Montreal Expos in 9
          Live like Dave

Comment

Grogg - DOH! Hey, can I get a mod to fix the title?

TD - If the Phils don't make the World Series it will be a major upset and major disappointment. To your point tho, first round is five games. The Phils are clearly superior in all facets of the game. While the Reds have the better statistical offense, they're not as tested as the Phillies. Votto's a rookie, Rolen has only won as a supporting player, and Bruce is very young.

That being said, Voloquez and Cueto have awesome stuff - they've just never put it together. If they do somehow come up with the games of their lives, the Phils face a threat because the Reds have enough offense get some offense going against H2O. But for the Reds to win it really will take the perfect scenario. The other problem is that Arroyo, while experienced, is a clear step down in pitching from the Phils' rotation.

Lidge has also figured things out and is pretty stable. Not saying he may not blow a game in the post-season, but he's got his act together and is a guy I feel quite comfortable with in the post-season.

Not facing the Giants is nice because they are the only ones with a starting staff that can come close to the Phils in the NL.

The important thing TD about that best record thing is that they did that with their team facing major injuries all year.....they've got the best team in baseball and it's not just record. The key is can they execute. They've proven they can - it's just a matter now of going out and doing it.

Comment

I am kind of surprised that Wood is not getting a start against Philly. I think he took a no-hitter, or perfect game, into the 9th inning against Philly - of course so did a Philly pitcher and Reds ended up losing in extras as I recall. I like his stuff in the games that I have seen more than Volquez. I think Volquez can be on, but he can also be way off. Almost like Dusty is going out on a real big limb knowing the odds in that game are not good from the very beginning. I have not even looked but guessing Holladay is starting for Philly that game and Reds would be lucky to score many against him.

I think I would have tried Cueto first game, Wood start game 3, he is a rookie but start at Cincy with Volquez ready to come in early if Wood does not have it.

I do not get a chance to see a lot of games but what I have seen of Wood I like more than what I have seen of Volquez

Odds very much against the Reds. They are very young, no playoff experience. Maybe they can keep this team together for a few years and get in a better position in the future. I hope big market teams are not able to come in and pick apart the team.

Comment

well to stand up for the WESTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS: TEXAS RANGERS!!

first, i have tickets to GAME 4 sunday.. left field row 3, i'm taking my 35 y.o. baseball glove!!! now i am truly optimistic that they will make it to game 4; however, the Rays are known for their ability to hit lefthand pitching. the Rangers are counting on their lefties to shut them down.

in order to win the series, the Rangers will have to get the bats going and early; i look for every game to be "high" scoring. like each team getting 5 to 6 runs.

that said, i am hoping that the Rangers can pull it off in 4 so that i can be there for the party!!!
                returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

Go Giants!
                  That said, I think the Phillies win it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN View Post
                    I am kind of surprised that Wood is not getting a start against Philly. I think he took a no-hitter, or perfect game, into the 9th inning against Philly - of course so did a Philly pitcher and Reds ended up losing in extras as I recall. I like his stuff in the games that I have seen more than Volquez. I think Volquez can be on, but he can also be way off. Almost like Dusty is going out on a real big limb knowing the odds in that game are not good from the very beginning. I have not even looked but guessing Holladay is starting for Philly that game and Reds would be lucky to score many against him.

I think I would have tried Cueto first game, Wood start game 3, he is a rookie but start at Cincy with Volquez ready to come in early if Wood does not have it.

I do not get a chance to see a lot of games but what I have seen of Wood I like more than what I have seen of Volquez

Odds very much against the Reds. They are very young, no playoff experience. Maybe they can keep this team together for a few years and get in a better position in the future. I hope big market teams are not able to come in and pick apart the team.
                    The thing about Voloquez and Cueto is that they have great stuff and lively arms. For the Reds to have any chance, they need to have them playing at absolute peak performance. The Phils offense, while right behind the Reds in terms of numbers, has as just as much ability to quiet as it does to explode.

If Voloquez has the kind of career-lifting performance Ubaldo Jimenez had in Philly in 2007, it might work. He has to pull off an upset or this could quickly go sweep because Arroyo, while experienced, I do not believe has the stuff to tame the Phils offense while Philly will be firing Oswalt, a superior pitcher.

I understand Baker's points regarding Wood - it was the first time he was facing them, not experienced, etc. - but it does seem odd that against a lefty-heavy line up as the Phils you wouldn't throw him out there.

Comment

They've All Played Well...

But who wants to go down in history? Who's gonna' step up and hit like Kirk Gibson...or pitch like Curt Schilling...jack 'em out like Big Popi...Who's the next Reggie Jackson? Come on boys, catch fire...Show us what you got...

P.S. Who's your Dadd-ie?:krusty:krusty:krusty:applause::trophy::banana31:
                      My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Giants over the Braves - 5 games
                        Phills over the Reds - 4 games

Rays over the Rangers - 5 games
                        Twins over the Yankees - 5 games

Phills over the Giants - 6 games

Twins over the Rays - 7 games

Phills over the Twins - 6 games

Comment

I'm really hoping the Rangers can pull it off.

I remember reading about them in 2008 and they were talking about how the Rangers were expected to be one of the worst teams in the AL West that season, two years later they are division champs. Hamilton was always fun to watch take BP in Spring Training that year.

I hope the Giants come out of the NL, but I won't be disappointed if the Reds pull it off. Its good seeing them back in the postseason.

Comment

I think the line-up is really looking interesting...
                            My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

I don't like the fact that so many talking heads want to anoint the Phillies already.
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X