Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

colts at jags, dumbest timeout ever called in the history of football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colts at jags, dumbest timeout ever called in the history of football?

d'oh!
    http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

The Colts defense stunk up the game pretty well. Of course it doesn't help either that the Colts can't run the ball to save their life.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

that was by far the worst timeout i've seen. what gave caldwell the feeling that the colts defense was going to stop them and let alone on 2 and short?? So you call a timeout?? Unbelievable.

You would think Caldwell would've felt more comfortable in leaving the fate of the game in a coin toss than on the defense.

Colts could be in big trouble. Peyton Manning can only do so much and yes the offense had two cost turnovers in the redzone, but the defense is soooooooooo bad. I'll be shocked if the Colts win 10 games this year and barely make the wild card.
      "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

The two turnovers as the Colts were driving sealed their fate in this one. That being said, the timeout was a bad decision.
        "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Blame can be spread around equally today for the loss...offense, defense & coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
            Blame can be spread around equally today for the loss...offense, defense & coaching.
            don't forget pitiful special teams, especially KO coverage.
            "Any time that I can be out at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, you're going to see a smile on my face." - Dan Wheldon

"It's crazy how the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can make you so emotional. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows in less than 24 hours." - Alex Tagliani

Comment

Originally posted by Doyouloveit? View Post
              don't forget pitiful special teams, especially KO coverage.
              My bad, I didn't mean to exclude them of their due honors in contributing to the loss.

Comment

Colts could be in big trouble.

Sorry, it's waaaay to early for comments like that.
                No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

Sorry, it's waaaay to early for comments like that.
                  I do tend to overreact, but based upon what I saw today, the Colts defense is in big trouble. And looking at the schedule, tough road games still lie ahead.

I'm standing firm in that i'll be suprised if Colts win 10 games. Need to have Texans drop a few division games.

And Melvin Bullitt going out with an injury? Not good.

Comment

I do tend to overreact, but based upon what I saw today, the Colts defense is in big trouble. And looking at the schedule, tough road games still lie ahead.

I'm standing firm in that i'll be suprised if Colts win 10 games. Need to have Texans drop a few division games.

And Melvin Bullitt going out with an injury? Not good.

Same stuff I heard about the championship team.

Ren's right. It's waaaaay too early.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector View Post
                      Same stuff I heard about the championship team.

Ren's right. It's waaaaay too early.
                      Just a tad bit different, Colts win 9-0 before they lost to Houston and Jacksonville.

Trust me, I hope I'm proven wrong. But something is just missing from this team.

Comment

Just a tad bit different, Colts win 9-0 before they lost to Houston and Jacksonville.

Trust me, I hope I'm proven wrong. But something is just missing from this team.
                        I agree, the team this year has had moments of brilliance but much more moments of just being lost. At this point unless things change drastically & quickly suspect the Colts will not win the AFC South and if they make the play-offs see an early exit. The team just doesn't look that good this year and their play thus far is proving it.

Comment

For those of us who didn't see it, can someone be kind enough for a synopsis about the timeout and the situation?
                          Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

I think its still a early to say.

I am hesitant to ever count them out of anything. Everytime I think they may not win the AFC South or may not win 12 games, they up and pull it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                              For those of us who didn't see it, can someone be kind enough for a synopsis about the timeout and the situation?
                              Jags got the ball back with a tie score. Not sure but I'm guessing about a minute to go and they had 2nd down & short to go. The Colts took a time out thinking it would give them some time after stopping the Jags. Therein lies the rub.
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2008 5A Football State Champs
                              2015 6A Football State Champs
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X