Here's Why Players Shouldn't Date Cheerleaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Why Players Shouldn't Date Cheerleaders

We hope your Monday passed without incident. Jaguars receiver Kassim Osgood cannot say the same.
    Osgood, 30, was visiting with Jaguars cheerleader Mackenzie Rae Putnal, 19, upstairs at her parents home. A man identified as Putnal’s ex-boyfriend arrived with a plastic bag over his head and a gun in his hand at about 11 p.m.
    This was not going to end well, as the Florida Times-Union chronicled.
    Putnal had a restraining order against this fellow, Julian Armond Bartello. As you might guess, he wasn’t happy to see Osgood there.
    Saying “I can't believe you're with that guy,â€‌ the man allegedly pulled Putnal around the room by her hair and hit her with the gun and his fists before hitting Osgood in the head with the gun.
    He allegedly stuck a gun to her head, saying, “What did that football player say to his girlfriend, 'It’s a good day to die'â€‌ -- misquoting ex-Florida Gator Chris Rainey’s recent text message to a former girlfriend.
    (This demonstrates how even college athletes can serve as role models in the community, BTW.)
    When the gunman ordered the couple to sit on the floor, she escaped to the lower level of the home and retrieved a gun. While she and Bartello were shooting at each other – and missing, despite Putnal’s use of a laser sight – Osgood shut the door, wedged a chair under the handle, opened a window and leaped to the lawn below.
    He ran to a neighboring home and called police.
    "He's fine," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said Wednesday. "I'm aware of it. I really can't comment on that whole deal. He's doing OK."
    Bartello was arrested on charges of aggravated battery, false imprisonment, armed robbery, burglary and violation of an injunction. He was being held without bond at the Duval County Jail.
    The Jaguars declined comment to The Associated Press on Putnal's status as one of the team's 32 cheerleaders. She is listed in the 2010 media guide as a dental hygiene major, but she is no longer on the team's website. The team has a rule forbidding cheerleaders to date players.
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...27992bc8b.html
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

...I don't see anything in that sad story to support the statement that players should not date cheerleaders. Presumably, she is a good-looking girl to become a cheerleader, and she had an ex with some serious issues. That could happen with any number of women, cheerleader or not.

Comment

It was a tongue in cheek thread title....
      ...of course, there was this line:

"The Jaguars declined comment to The Associated Press on Putnal's status as one of the team's 32 cheerleaders. She is listed in the 2010 media guide as a dental hygiene major, but she is no longer on the team's website. The team has a rule forbidding cheerleaders to date players."
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      ~~Groucho Marx
      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

They probably weren't dating, that would be breaking the rules. Most likely it was just casual sex.

I guess when she got away, her lead wasn't big enough to get out of the house and get to a neighbors. Otherwise dumb solution to decide to engage in a gun battle. At least if she's a poor shot.
        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
          I guess when she got away, her lead wasn't big enough to get out of the house and get to a neighbors. Otherwise dumb solution to decide to engage in a gun battle. At least if she's a poor shot.
          Run to the neighbors??? Are you kidding??? Her future meal ticket was in danger!!!

Comment

The guy showed up with a plastic bag over his head?

I also like the way Osgood wedged a chair against the door before leaping out of the window, thus eliminating one his girlfriend's escape routes...

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
              They probably weren't dating, that would be breaking the rules. Most likely it was just casual sex.

Both her and Bartello shoot about as well as Stevie Wonder. Multiple shots fired from basically point-blank range and nobody got hit. Maybe they were auditioning for the A-Team since none of them could shoot worth a crap either.

Comment

30 year old with a 19 year old, in her room at her parent's house......hmmm kind of makes you wish that they would have had better aim all around to thin the stupid herd a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow101 View Post
                  30 year old with a 19 year old, in her room at her parent's house......
                  There's nothing stupid about that.
                  "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

"The team has a rule forbidding cheerleaders to date players."

Uh...

You're putting the rules on the ladies who earn about $50/game?

If you want it to work put it on the dudes earning $100K/game.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X