A message from Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from Dog

This is my wife standing by the grave site of 1 of our grandsons who is 12 years old today. Thomas William. We have 8 grand children ( 7 ) alive, 6 boys and 1 girl. One of them is 11 years old who we helped our kids adopt out of Guatamala and was an All Star football player last year even though he broke his wrist in the 3rd game and sat out the season but came back in the playoffs. This is his first year in the Majors and has made the All Star Team by unamious vote by coaches. He plays Center after learning the position from Grandaddy(me) and Jeff Saturday They run all kinds of plays including the shotgun formation and had no errors this year despitye being 4-10" shorter and outweighed by 40-80 pounds. He also plays line backer and is averaging 6.7 tackles a game, 2.3 hits that cause fumbles per game,2.0 qb sacks a game and has recovered 4 fumbles....2 for safeties,one of which he tackled the ball carrier(46lbs heavier,5" taller and recovered it in the endzone for a safety to win the game. He is a straight A student at. His mother n Guatamala City Guatamala is a prostitute and he was going to grow up a street kid and a thief and probably a murderer and a gang member untill we got him out of there.......at 7 months of age. Last weeks football game he was called a "****,Fu***** Mexican, bean and taco eater and other things I can't write at this time......by the parents of the oposing team and its players......He asked me what a "****" was so I told him.......He said" why do people have to call each other names all the time?" I had no answer......Guess what he wants to be in life?......A United States Marine...like his proud adopted Grandaddy or an IndyCar driver ........
    Attached Files
    My web sites

www.speedwaydaily.com

http://www.davethekingwilson.com

@ohmanitstheking

"Stand on the gas and turn left"
    Jimmy Bryan 1955

"Nice hustle Wilson, can you be any slower?"
    Wally Leavitt-IMS Radio Network 2008

Your Grandson would be hard pressed to find a better Grandaddy!!
    ...---...

Comment

Very !!!!
      You are blessed!!!
      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

God bless you and your wonderful family!
        "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
        “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
        "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

If he's in the Majors and he made the all star team can I expect to see him at CG for Border Wars?
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

He's got some good role models and good goals for sure. I know the day will come when someone says something like that to our boys both being adopted and of a Hispanic background, if it's a parent they will regret it.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Reading the thread title, being slightly dyslexic, I pictured this:

Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

Last edited by Gomer Simpson; 10-01-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sightlines View Post
                  Reading the thread title, being slightly dyslexic, I pictured this:
                  Haha. Pondering the existence of Dog?

I see that picture and think of Monty Python and the 15 commandments. *dropSMASH* ... Ten! Ten commandments!
                  Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                    Haha. Pondering the existence of Dog?

I see that picture and think of Monty Python and the 15 commandments. *dropSMASH* ... Ten! Ten commandments!

Mel Brooks.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Oh yeah, you're right. History of the World, Part 1.
                      Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

The Marines must teach self-discipline to a whole different level. If some bunch of "people" were calling my Grandson names like that, I'd be hard pressed to not lose it. Way to go Dog.

Comment

First of all I'd like to to say i apoligize to whom anyone I have ever offended here at Track Forum as I always thought this forum was for fun and to not take anything that was written too seriously. Obviously I was wrong and have offended many thru the years I have been a member here and I am very sorry for anything that I may have written or said that caused any of you undue harm or anger.
                          Next I would like to thank my 2nd wife pictured above for putting up with me for all these years but always being there when I needed her love, caring and companionship. During my last surgery on my jaw where they built me a new jaw from a 3D image with bone from what the surgeon calls the least usefull bone in your body(the rear bone in the leg) and muscle, tissue and veins which allowed me to have a "flap" inside my mouth to keep infections from getting down to the bone and destroying it. This was a 10 !/2 hour surgery performed by Doogie Howser(as I call him) and 2 other surgeons one of whom I asked to be there as he was doing a fellowship with my ENT group and what better way to learn your craft than to have someone ask that you be allowed to observe and actually do a part of the surgery so that he was able to go back to the State of Washington and do this same surgery and teach it. My ENT group pioneered this particular surgery right here in " Flyover" Country at St. Vincents Hospital which ironically I helped build many years ago. They have an entire wing dedicated to Head and Neck Surgery dedicated to my former ENT Dr. Ronald Haymaker who started the Head and Neck Surgery Associates and clinic at Methodist Hospital where the race drivers are taken when they or anyone is hurt at the Indpls. Motor Speeday or any other race track in Central Indiana or from all over the world for that matter. Doogie unbeknonst to me 3 days before while riding his bike had been run into by a drunk driver. He was afraid that he was going to have to postpone my surgery untill he healed up but rather than make me wait..........he put his big boy pants on and was present at my surgery doing his part and there for the 10/1/2 hours I was in the operating room without moaning and groaning(as I was told later) or eating anything or even using the restroom...........
                          Back to my wife. My wife stayed thru the whole surgery and recovery period and spent 24 hours a day in my room learning how to take care of me when we finally got home. She spent 8 days and 7 nights sleeping in a very uncomfortable chair as the roll away was even worse( taking my suggestion seriously they now have a very nice pull out bed for the caretaker to sleep on. During the first 2-3 days they would stick a needle into my "flap" area to make sure it would bleed as if they couldn't get blood they would have to rush me back into surgery or I would die................
                          Back in 1997 I was diagnosed wih a Stage 4 tumor at the base of my tongue and given 90 days to live. I agreed to be a test case for a new procedure that required me to have radiation twice a day for 10 straight days, 2 weeks off in which I was hospitalized for 9 of those trying to die with 5 major infections, then went home for 5 days and then started the twice a day radiation again for another 10 days. During my stay in the hospital I had a feeding tube put in my stomach in a hole that was already there from a little conflict in Vietnam. I lwas on the feeding tube for 1 year in which I went from 276 pounds down to 194 My skin was burnt on the outside bad enough that no beard grows there anymore, I lost my sense of taste, my throat was dry all the time(still is) but now its narrowing and I'm due to have something done about that..............
                          That brings me pretty much up to this weekend when I got out of bed ( like old men do at 2am in the morning) then went on a small security walk thru the house and noticed it was raining outside so I went out and sat on my front porch and listened to it rain and smelled it for about 20 minutes(with my .45 Glock on my hip.I'm old not stupid) then came back in and went into the bedroom to finish my night of sleep when either a gust of wing blew thru the bedroom, the devil stuck his foot out and tripped me or my above forementioned wife hit me with a baseball bat(just kiddin hon) and hit the bed then hit the floor with my $150,000 jaw, both arms and elbows and knees and somehow or other my uhhhhhhhhh hip and rear end. Now when you are a heart patient who has 5 stents(4 of which are not on the market yet as they are experimental) they put you on an expensive blood thinner called Plavix.......My wife was dialing 911 when I calmly told her to put the phone down as I was just fine and I got up and layed down in bed and finished my night of sleep. Now I don't know about you ladies and gentlemen out there but I have always had a delayed reaction as far as selling and bruising goes. We got up to go to church and I was fine and feeling pretty good. We came home and I watched the Nascar race(with my eyes closed part of the time) and the Colts game( sorry about your luck TSO Patrick) and then went and layed down to read a couple of magazines( Muscle Car, Street Rodder and Handgunner( love the writers in Handgunner) and fell asleep. I awoke Monday morning and could not get out of bed and my wife had to go over and get my next door neighbor(I'll never live that one down as he is a retired Army Ranger) to help get me up. One look in the mirror and I thought I had been in the ring with Mike Tyson during his prime(even my ear looked like it was chewed off) and I couldnt walk without a walker they had sent home with me from the jaw surgery but I got into the shower and bathed and then loaded myself into my Avalanche(2002 with 178,000 miles on it. Its like brand new) and went to meet my buds for a cup of coffee refusing to go to the ER as it's only a little brusing I thought and it will get better and go away..............NOT........Now you people who know me have always said that I have a screw loose......and you're right The fall has backed out a screw holding my jaw in placwe as Wednesday I went to The Head and Neck Clinic to talk to people who are facing the same kind of surgery that I had and to calm their fears about it and they took me down stairs to some x-ray joint and found that indeed I do have a screw loose in my head(jaw)..........No comments from the peanut gallery please I am typing this at 2 am on Friday morning after spending the day redoing what some "expert" mechanic did to my daughters van that almost cost her life and that of 5 other fellow teachers for the Christian School where she teaches as for the last 2 years I havent been able to maintain the kids vehicles as I always have so they have had to rely on " experts" to do everything for them.................sigh...............

Ok...time to go and in answer to the posters question about The Marines teaching self-discipline to a whole different level..........they do...........which only means that had I have known what the coaches and parents were calling my UNITED STATES CITIZEN grandson from Guatamala..................well................... time for this old man to get some sleep.........as Grandsonny has a football game Saturday..............against the same team he played last Saturday that called him the names...................ahem..............

Thanks to Dave for putting up the picture of the most beautifull wife and Grandmother anyone could want and my Grandson........who at age 4 hours and 11 minutes died in my arms......

Semper Fi

The new Dog will return to answer any questions about anything except my family.........as I am the only warrior left in the family all others were killed fighting for this wonderfull country that I hope and pray will persevear without competant leadership..........untill Grandsonny, well........you know!
                          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

depends on a lot of things TD including having him subjected to the same bovine scatology he went thru last week and will probably have to go thru this week........He wants to learn more about driving cars(race cars and stuff) so I'm planning on taking him to an offensive driving school put on by a friend of mine out of state and I don't know when it will take place yet He has also asked to go along(if I can do it) to the National Senior Division Private Club Pistol Shooting Championships where I qualified in .45 cal stationary target with 96-100 at 25 yds (all shots had to be in a 6"bullseye. (As God as my witness I never thought I could do it) Winner gets a new Ford Raptor and while I think it is an over priced Tonka Toy...........I would look cool driving around in it......................and so would Grandsonny when he gets his license...............
                            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Let me know, dog, if you will be at the CG fields as it would be an honor to meet the grandson of one of the finest men I've ever met.

Oh, and I guess it would be okay to see you again too.

Wanna buy a CB?
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X