Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contador tested positive during Tour de France

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/albe...or-clenbuterol

I wonder just how far back into history we need to go to find a TdF winner who wasn't doped...if there are any.

Comment

...and Vuelta runner-up Mosquera

Comment

Food contamination, huh? Beats the disappearing twin theory. At least food contamination is fairly novel. I say nothing happens to his title. No penalty. Just a feeling they'd rather come up with an excuse and try to claim the tour is clean.
        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

He has now accomplished something that Armstrong never achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
            Food contamination, huh? Beats the disappearing twin theory. At least food contamination is fairly novel.
            The vanishing twin theory will go down in history as the most novel doping excuse ever.

Comment

Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
              The vanishing twin theory will go down in history as the most novel doping excuse ever.
              Yep. I had some standard excuses listed that I edited out, which were what the at least novel statement referred to. Twins can't be beat for novelty. I think contaminated food beats it on believability though, lol, although he's still lying and full of horse pucks.
              Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote View Post
                Yep. I had some standard excuses listed that I edited out, which were what the at least novel statement referred to. Twins can't be beat for novelty. I think contaminated food beats it on believability though, lol, although he's still lying and full of horse pucks.
                You're probably right, although then Simoni got dinged for coke and blamed it on some candy his grandmother gave him after a trip to S. America. Testing of the candy proved him correct.

Seems to me the easy thing to do for Bertie is crack open the samples from a couple days before and a couple days after. From what I gather, the stuff in question wasn't even in high enough levels to do any good, so if he was using it, he should be suspended for being too stupid to cheat properly.

Comment

Originally posted by CONTADORE

Contador said it would have been better for cycling's image if the case had not been made public.
                  "It's almost normal for people to doubt this sport now," he said.

Almost?

Comment

Blue-light special on doping announcementsl. Contador, Mosquera (and a teammate of his), and now word is that police in Italy raided Riccardo Ricco's home and found 50 "unindentified" pills as part of the COBRA-RED investigation. Wonder if there will be anymore before the day is over.

Comment

Probably Joe. Maybe they will find the little motor in a certain Swiss rider's Specialized Shiv?

I will say one good thing about Riccardo Ricco. After he was popped for CERA at the Giro a couple years ago, he refused to pay his bill with the lab because they promised him CERA was undetectable. I don't know why, but that did and does make me laugh. Oh a second good thing, his nickname is much cooler and Cuenego's.

Comment

Probably Joe. Maybe they will find the little motor in a certain Swiss rider's Specialized Shiv?

I will say one good thing about Riccardo Ricco. After he was popped for CERA at the Giro a couple years ago, he refused to pay his bill with the lab because they promised him CERA was undetectable. I don't know why, but that did and does make me laugh. Oh a second good thing, his nickname is much cooler and Cuenego's.
                        I remember that. I was hysterical.

It's beginning to look like Ricco's girlfriend's "false positive" for epocera might have uncovered a family doping ring.

Comment

Was it a false positive? I thought it was a positive positive, or "non-negative" in the jargon of the anti-doping "authorities"

Comment

Was it a false positive? I thought it was a positive positive, or "non-negative" in the jargon of the anti-doping "authorities"
                            She was positive on the A, but negative on the B. So, she ends up clean, but "False Positive" was the best way I could think to describe it. Apparently there was a large gap between testing A and B and some theorize the sample degraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe in LA View Post
                              She was positive on the A, but negative on the B. So, she ends up clean, but "False Positive" was the best way I could think to describe it. Apparently there was a large gap between testing A and B and some theorize the sample degraded.
                              That's right! Then she went on Italian tv and grovelled for The Cobra to take her back....I had forgotten, all these hopped-up cyclists get confusing after a while.

I am almost to the point where they need to tell these clowns, "Go for it. Use what you want. If you want to shoot so much EPO your blood is like tar...knock yourself out. But don't blame anyone else when you're a vegatable at 42."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X