Soap Opera at Barrett-Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soap Opera at Barrett-Jackson

Apparently the bidder credentials process needs a little work at Barrett-Jackson. Some Jersey Shore wannabe bid $700K on a Bugatti Veyron and then backed out of the deal. Needless to say Barrett-Jackson booted the guy out as they don't have a sense of humor when it involves money.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...son-video.html

According to a report I saw on Speed, not only did they boot the guy, but Mr. Jackson stepped in to buy the car at the $700K price as none of the other bidders were willing to meet it.
    Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Comment

Originally posted by Gateway Fan View Post
      According to a report I saw on Speed, not only did they boot the guy, but Mr. Jackson stepped in to buy the car at the $700K price as none of the other bidders were willing to meet it.
      That's the price of maintaining your credibility....

P.S. I guess the World now knows what those things are really worth...
      My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Standup move by Craig Jackson.... heck, not many auction house owners have the financial wherewithal to even do such a thing nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
          ...Standup move by Craig Jackson....
          If you know much about him... that's a first.

[QUOTE=Gateway Fan]....According to a report I saw on Speed,... ...Mr. Jackson stepped in to buy the car at the $700K price as none of the other bidders were willing to meet it.[QUOTE]

IIRC,... it has been two years since I read it last, but legally, the consignment agreement made the car Mr. Jackson's property as soon as the bidding started. With No-Reserve, the bidders are actually purchasing the cars from Barrett-Jackson. ...So big of him to buy it. Believe me, he didn't "buy it" to be a nice guy or to help anyone out...

Comment

It boggles my mind that people actually watch car auctions on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
              I watch just to see some of the cars I used to own and sold dirt cheap and how much time, effort,and love goes into restoring them...........I don't like professional restorations but I like the first couple of days and the very last couple of hours when you see the cars that were actually restored by people with their own hands and friends and drive the living crap out of them like I did my 40 Ford Pickup with a 265 Chevy in it.........There may still be a picture of it visiting Camp and Brew very early one mornig waking Glenn and the guys up outside their luxury accomadations drinking beer that I couldn't drink but paid for..................lol..................WOW!! I'm in the way back machine now!!!!!!!
              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Cool cars and Amy Assiter

'Nuff said
                Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring View Post
                  ...when you see the cars that were actually restored by people with their own hands and friends and drive the living crap out of them like I did my 40 Ford Pickup with a 265 Chevy in it.........There may still be a picture of it visiting Camp and Brew very early one mornig waking Glenn and the guys up outside their luxury accomadations drinking beer that I couldn't drink but paid for..................lol..................WOW!! I'm in the way back machine now!!!!!!!
                  No pictures, but I was there that morning. First (and only) time we ever met face to face. Hope to reenact that meeting sometime.

Comment

I try not to watch it because once I start I generally can't stop. I LOVE classic cars and I love seeing what cars sell for. It amazes me that a '69 Mustang with original everything is worth 2-3X as much as a similar condition car with the wrong engine or with chrome under the hood or whatever. I have heard people say that nobody could ever spend the money won in a lottery. I could. At the car auctions...
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
                      Cool cars and Amy Assiter

'Nuff said

That.

Comment

I agree. Different strokes..... Personally, I don't watch it because I can't stand listening to auctioneers. Street cars, even hot rods, never have turned me on like actual race cars.

But, I like watching golf, so I won't criticize those who watch car auctions.
                        It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by PDC View Post
                          I agree. Different strokes..... Personally, I don't watch it because I can't stand listening to auctioneers. Street cars, even hot rods, never have turned me on like actual race cars.

But, I like watching golf, so I won't criticize those who watch car auctions.
                          Im not into street rods and muscle cars but when they roll a mint 1930s or 40s grocery getter or pick up truck across the stage Im all in.
                          Living history my friend
                          Live like Dave

Comment

I watch for the memories!
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I watch once in awhile, when there aren't any reruns of poker tournaments on. But there almost always are.
                              Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X