Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tampa Bay Rays

    A first place team and currently the best record in baseball, will give away 20,000 tickets to our final home game on Wednesday. Attendance at Monday's game was only 12,000 fans. The product is good, but very few show up. Kinda like the St. Pete Grand Prix this year, open the gates up and let folks in for free, you might have a good crowd.

    Many sports teams, not just car racing, are having trouble getting fans to turn out.

    It's the economy, stupid???

  • #2
    Great crowd in Cincy to see the Reds (possibly) clinch tonight.
    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tampa Bay's problem isn't the economy.
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

      Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

      Comment


      • #4
        It's the stadium.
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx
        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
          It's the stadium.
          Not really...yes, it's a crappy excuse for a MLB stadium, but baseball isn't a Florida thing (maybe in the Cuban-American community).

          http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...raysfans092810

          As Jeff Passan says, 39,000 people would watch Tim Tebow cut the grass in Tropicana Field...they just don't care about the (Devil) Rays.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by akh_v2.0 View Post
            Not really...yes, it's a crappy excuse for a MLB stadium, but baseball isn't a Florida thing (maybe in the Cuban-American community).

            http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...raysfans092810

            As Jeff Passan says, 39,000 people would watch Tim Tebow cut the grass in Tropicana Field...they just don't care about the (Devil) Rays.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

            Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

            Comment


            • #7
              If all they can get is 12,000 fans, maybe the Reys should just play their home games at their spring training stadium. At least it would be outdoors.
              It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post
                Great crowd in Cincy to see the Reds (possibly) clinch tonight.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Actually the stadium is wonderful. Most that have been there will say that it's a great facility to watch a game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                    Actually the stadium is wonderful. Most that have been there will say that it's a great facility to watch a game.
                    It may well be, from a fans pespective. Like Houston, anything that keeps you from sitting outside in the midst of summer in the sub-tropics is AOK with me... But it a mess from a player's standpoint. The multiple roof supports, bad backgrounds and lighting...it presents a true home-field advantage for the Rays players.

                    Comment


                    • #11

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They rewarded those 20,000 extra fans with a shutout loss in their last regular season home game.

                        A marketing idea that maybe didn't work.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                          Actually the stadium is wonderful. Most that have been there will say that it's a great facility to watch a game.
                          I saw a hockey game in that facility back in 1993. It was a very nice place then.
                          BTW, the Flyers beat the Lightning in OT.
                          Have a very blessed day!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cbreez99 View Post
                            They rewarded those 20,000 extra fans with a shutout loss in their last regular season home game.

                            A marketing idea that maybe didn't work.
                            After that I would like to hear some of the fans thoughts on the two players that commented on the fans lack of effort just the other day...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Longoria didn't play and the previous night David Price had a strong outing and a win.

                              I would really be interested to see how the people felt that PAID for their tickets that night! Will they get a freebie someday?

                              They had about 36,000 in attendance.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X