• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. George Blanda

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...nda-dies-at-83

He was a classic.
    That mold has been broken.
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

At first I thought he'd play forever, and then I thought he'd live forever!
      He was one of a kind!
      RIP!!!!!!!!!!
      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

The Packers are now officially screwed tonight...

Comment

BIONIC BLANDA...The dude abides...RIP, George
          My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Pretty odd, I was just reading his wikipedia page a couple days ago to learn more about him.. R.I.P

Comment

sad news, that

He was a major factor in my being a Raider fan all those years ago.

Every time I hear something like that it just reminds me how old I'm getting to be.

Comment

Originally posted by PHJIndy View Post
                At first I thought he'd play forever, and then I thought he'd live forever!
                He was one of a kind!
                RIP!!!!!!!!!!
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Only one of three players to play in every American Football League game. The others were Blanda's long-time teammate Jim Otto and Boston's Gino Cappelletti. RIP to one of the greats. Played for the Bears, Colts, Oilers and Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by marc sproule View Post
                    He was a major factor in my being a Raider fan all those years ago.

Every time I hear something like that it just reminds me how old I'm getting to be.
                    Me too.

I liked The Mad Bomber and The Snake just fine, but only Plunkett approached GB as my all-time favorite player.
                    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

I don't remember George playing for the Colts. Kurt are you thinking of Earl Morral perhaps?
                      "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
                      body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
                      "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
                      >

Comment

Thanks for the memories. RIP.
                        quote:
                        "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Originally posted by Niseguy View Post
                          I don't remember George playing for the Colts. Kurt are you thinking of Earl Morral perhaps?
                          Niseguy, Blanda played a single game for the Baltimore Colts in 1950. I'm not sure if he was loaned out for the game, or traded or what. I was thinking the former as Jacky Lee (who ironically was supposed to be the next big thing for Houston when Blanda was there) was loaned to Denver for two years by the Oilers before coming back to Houston.

But I'm not sure about Blanda's single appearance. Maybe a one off like in racing?

Comment

ok, never knew of the one off.
                            "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
                            body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
                            "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
                            >

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X