Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erectile Dysfunction Ads Too Racy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Erectile Dysfunction Ads Too Racy?

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39348004...and_parenting/

    Apparently some people are concerned that the various erectile dysfunction ads are too racy for kids. I'm not sure about that but the Cialis ads really bug me. What is with the two bath tubs in the middle of nowhere? First off, if Cialis is that great, only one bath tub is required. Next are the various logistical problems. By the time I would spend dragging the tub to the desired location and filling up the tub with water I would be too tired to do anything and the water would be too cold to stay in the tub. Then you would just get dirty again after leaving the tub since you would be either on a beach or in the middle of a forest.

    Almost equally inane are the Viagra ads and Camaros. How is driving an admittedly nice vintage Camaro all day in the middle of nowhere going to improve your sex life? The drug may get you steel hard but your wife will be boiling mad you wasted a weekend day and will make you sleep on the couch if you're lucky. The other bad thing that might happen is that she will go bat-***** crazy and whack you and the car with a 3-wood.

  • #2
    And if you experience an erection lasting more than four hours, call your Doctor...No way, Jose...I'm alerting the media...:krusty
    My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

    P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

    Comment


    • #3
      As the father of kids 9 and 6, I get annoyed when those ads come on during shows like afternoon sporting events. I understand the market for the products, and as an advertiser I would want them to be shown during sporting events, but as a dad I don't like them. So far I've been lucky and haven't gotten any awkward questions, but it's only a matter of time. I also don't like the ads they show for 90% of prime-time television (which we don't watch anyway).
      Paul Woods
      IndyCar Buzz | 500 Miles to Go

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jag-lover View Post
        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39348004...and_parenting/

        Apparently some people are concerned that the various erectile dysfunction ads are too racy for kids. I'm not sure about that but the Cialis ads really bug me. What is with the two bath tubs in the middle of nowhere? First off, if Cialis is that great, only one bath tub is required. Next are the various logistical problems. By the time I would spend dragging the tub to the desired location and filling up the tub with water I would be too tired to do anything and the water would be too cold to stay in the tub. Then you would just get dirty again after leaving the tub since you would be either on a beach or in the middle of a forest.

        Almost equally inane are the Viagra ads and Camaros. How is driving an admittedly nice vintage Camaro all day in the middle of nowhere going to improve your sex life? The drug may get you steel hard but your wife will be boiling mad you wasted a weekend day and will make you sleep on the couch if you're lucky. The other bad thing that might happen is that she will go bat-***** crazy and whack you and the car with a 3-wood.


        The one that grates on me is when they are dropped off on a deserted island, go to the cabana on the beach and he closes the curtain.
        ...---...

        Comment


        • #5
          The one that cracks me up is the guy in the Camaro. The voice over talks about how this guy knows how to get things done. He then fills his overheated radiator with bottled water. Sheer genius

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by greg b View Post
            The voice over talks about how this guy knows how to get things done.
            Too bad his equipment is failing him.

            Comment


            • #7
              ^^^


              Bravo.
              Well played!
              ...---...

              Comment


              • #8
                I always have to smile when they say the disclaimer " tell your Dr. if your experience hearing loss" I get this mental picture that a hearing aid is suddenly a badge of honor in a retirement home
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by greg b View Post
                  The voice over talks about how this guy knows how to get things done. He then fills his overheated radiator with bottled water. Sheer genius
                  Don't try this at home.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by greg b View Post
                    The one that cracks me up is the guy in the Camaro. The voice over talks about how this guy knows how to get things done. He then fills his overheated radiator with bottled water. Sheer genius
                    Yeah, that cracks me up too.

                    And he may know *how* to get other things done, but was too *lazy* to top off the radiator before going for a cruise through what looks like desert? Or, maybe he doesn't really know how to get things done and that's a recurrent issue that he doesn't bother to diagnose but just tops it off periodically. I assume he waited around awhile for it to cool, before popping the top on that hot radiator... (I wonder how long before someone with a bottle of water in their car and stuck out in the boonies sues because they burnt the crap out of themselves when they copied that man.) And what if you aren't a guy who knows how to get things done, does that mean your stuff still works at any age, and you don't need their erectile drugs?

                    I'll bet the water gets cold fast in those bathtubs. Brr.
                    Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Since I watch golf, I'm really tired of those commercials. Maybe I should watch a kid's sport like skate boarding.
                      It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by beej View Post
                        I always have to smile when they say the disclaimer " tell your Dr. if your experience hearing loss" I get this mental picture that a hearing aid is suddenly a badge of honor in a retirement home
                        For me, that disclaimer summons up memories of a whole bunch of old "Bob & Tom" skits!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by beej View Post
                          I always have to smile when they say the disclaimer " tell your Dr. if your experience hearing loss" I get this mental picture that a hearing aid is suddenly a badge of honor in a retirement home

                          I didn't know that was a for real deal. I just thought it was selective hearing for when she says "alright...that's enough".
                          ...---...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by beej View Post
                            I always have to smile when they say the disclaimer " tell your Dr. if your experience hearing loss" I get this mental picture that a hearing aid is suddenly a badge of honor in a retirement home
                            My wife complains about my selective hearing loss when it comes time to take out the garbage.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PDC View Post
                              Since I watch golf, I'm really tired of those commercials. Maybe I should watch a kid's sport like skate boarding.
                              I thought you were gonna' tell us you had a Big Wood and a bucket 'o balls...
                              My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

                              P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X