Boise State cheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise State cheats

The field and the uniforms the same color is cheating. Turn away from your TV and then turn bavk and see if you can see where BSU players are. The NCAA should vacate their home wins until they either cange the field color or the home uniform colors.
    All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.

So Michigan St should have their home games vacated...green on green...

Comment

Please say the original post was satire.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Slightly off topic, that last dive was something......but yeah, colors are had to pick up. Is that guy left handed, ala Zorn?
        .....every dog was born free to live, even if it means dying.

fav car pics
        http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...%20car%20pics/

Comment

Boise got lucky there that they decided that receiver was still ok to catch the ball. I was not aware that it mattered if you got forced out or not, I always thought the rule was if you stepped out and were the first person to touch the ball it was a penalty, period. Maybe its that way in the NFL?

Comment

Always been the case on whether or not you were pushed. Because if it didn't matter defenders would simply push all receivers on the sidelines out to make them ineligible. (Mussberger just confirmed it on air as well)

As far as the color of the field making the players blending in.. remember it doesn't have that same effect to players on the field; they aren't seeing opponent players against the field... you know plus Tulane, Michigan state Marshall etc
            Grab Bag Sports - Sports News & Analysis Guaranteed to raise your IQ or your money back!

Comment

...you can add a red field to the mix:

The NCAA has no provision addressing the color of playing surfaces -- at least not yet -- because it hasn't had to consider the issue outside of the relatively obscure venues at Boise State and Division II University of New Haven, which installed its own blue turf last year. If it goes through with it, then, EWU's lava motif will be breaking ground on what promises to be a run on multi-colored turf by publicity-starved schools across the country; eventually, somebody somewhere is going to go with black. (I'm looking at you, Idaho.)
              link
              If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Colored fields should be banned immediately. That Boise blue looks terrible on TV. Football should be played on grass or at least stuff that looks like grass (i.e. a green surface).
                "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

I tried to watch for a while last night, couldn't do it. Looks awful, and I think the first post is mostly correct, IMO.

Comment

Eh, its not cheating. Its really really ugly, but unless they decide to also ban green uniforms it would make no sense to penalize Boise St for their field color right now. Also, this was never an issue until they got pretty damn good and started winning a lot. And not all those wins have come in their own stadium. I really don't like them being in the national title talk, but it has nothing to do with their field and everything to do with their schedule. Put simply, I do not think they play enough quality opponents to be seriously considered for the title game. And yet, if Alabama or Ohio State stub their toe at all, we should see Boise in the title game barring some major upset in for them in conference play. That just does not seem right to me.

Comment

Whats not right is last year Boise made it public that they were trying to schedule a harder team for their 4th non-conference game) but that all 12 SEC, all 12 Big-12, all Big 10 schools said no to having Boise come to their stadium to play them. All the power schools are too afraid and refused to play BSU. To refuse to play someone and then claim their schedule isn't good enough is hypocritical. (p.s. not insinuating you or anyone on this board made the decision to not play Boise; just asking that people recognize there is a problem with scheduling when underdog conference schools aren't allowed to prove themselves because of "old boys club" mentality, something a playoff would solve and people would love; already exists in all other NCAA football divisions)
                      Grab Bag Sports - Sports News & Analysis Guaranteed to raise your IQ or your money back!

Comment

Power teams schedule their games years in advance and with an eye toward both some out of conference wins and revenue at home. It's not a power teams fault Boise is in a weak conference. Some other school is supposed to bend over backwards just because Boise wants it?

Anyway, name who had an opening, refused to schedule Boise, and complains about Boise's schedule?
                        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Funny thing about that...both Nebraska and Alabama have called out Boise on their scheduling comments. Alabama's AD says that Boise has never contacted them. Nebraska said they tried to get something done with Boise, but Boise wanted $1 million to play the game. I feel a lot less sympathetic for Boise when I hear that kind of stuff.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ll-from-boise/

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...on-to-play-us/

I do agree the right thing to do is to come up with some form of a playoff system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario4ever View Post
                            Colored fields should be banned immediately. That Boise blue looks terrible on TV. Football should be played on grass or at least stuff that looks like grass (i.e. a green surface).
                            So grass is not a color but is translucent????
                            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by beej View Post
                              So grass is not a color but is translucent????
                              Brilliant comment. It should be obvious what was meant by my statement regarding "colored" fields. Seems like you're trying to be intentionally obtuse. For what purpose, I have no idea.
                              "If you wait, all that happens is you get older" - Mario Andretti

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X