Toyota Tacoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Tacoma

We love our Tacoma, took it in today for a recall, we thought we were going to get new floor mats, the dealer cut the lower half of the gas pedal off instead (without telling us).

My wife is having a really hard time driving it, she almost got rear ended on the way home when her foot slipped off the pedal.

We have never had a problem with the gas pedal, and if we did that is what the "N" on your transmission is for.

We have called and complained, I think someone needs to replace our gas pedal with the original.
    Ape Man

I love my Chevrolet Silverado.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
      Like a Rock!!
      Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by 2wheelshortacar View Post
        We have called and complained, I think someone needs to replace our gas pedal with the original.
        You need to go park it outside the showroom floor and ask very loudly to speak to the owner of the dealership----LOUDLY.
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx
        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

My first and last Chevy was a 73 Vega.
          Ape Man

Comment

Sorry, wasn't trying to be offensive.

However buying a Vega was you're fault.

I drove a GMC Sierra Classic for 10 years and 245,000 miles with nothing but routine maintenance. My current Chevrolet Silverado has also been trouble-free.
            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
              You need to go park it outside the showroom floor and ask very loudly to speak to the owner of the dealership----LOUDLY.
              They are going to install a replacement pedal. We can do it the easy way or the hard way. We did not give them permission to cut the lower half of the pedal off.
              Ape Man

Comment

I'm not sure by definition that was a car.
                "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                ~~Groucho Marx
                I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
                  Sorry, wasn't trying to be offensive. However buying a Vega was you're fault.

I drove a GMC Sierra Classic for 10 years and 245,000 miles with nothing but routine maintenance. My current Chevrolet Silverado has also been trouble-free.

Not offended at all. I still dream of finding a rust free Vega roller, add a Buick V6 Turbo.

It was my first car, bought it before I had my license for 50 bucks, fixed it, drove it for about 6 months, sold it to the wrecking yard for 40. Towards the end I was using straight STP to top the oil off
                  Ape Man

Comment

Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                    I'm not sure by definition that was a car.
                    Unless it has a Cosworth under the hood.
                    Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I second that.
                      "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

We love our Tacoma, took it in today for a recall, we thought we were going to get new floor mats, the dealer cut the lower half of the gas pedal off instead (without telling us).

My wife is having a really hard time driving it, she almost got rear ended on the way home when her foot slipped off the pedal.

We have never had a problem with the gas pedal, and if we did that is what the "N" on your transmission is for.

Read what you signed carefully. You probably authorized it without knowing it.

I'd take it back to the dealer and be very vocal.

Worse case, get a junkyard gas pedal and sue the dealer for cost incurred.
                        I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

That was my first car ever! And I was its last driver ever!! Lasted me from '83 to '87. After that I drove a Chevette (a gift) and an S-10 before switching to Dodge and never looking back.
                          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                          --Danny Noonan

Comment

I got the recall notice, too. I blew it off since I don't have the Toyota floormats. And if something does go haywire, I figure the clutch will still go in. Can ya still get one of those in a Silverado?
                            "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

You should be be able to find online what the official fix was supposed to be for the recall. I joined forums for all of my Hondas. Someone always posted the recalls and the TSBs on the board.

Even TSBs tell the dealer what to do for every fix. If they did anything other than the official fix, they have no leg to stand on.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X