Is This Too Racy for the Kiddies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Too Racy for the Kiddies

Do you agree with Sesame Street that this clip may be too racy for the show?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...=entertainment

Yes
    18.92%
    No
    70.27%
    I don't have time to vote. Too busy eating a Tenderloin.
    10.81%

I wanna play! I wanna play!
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Katy: "I kissed an Elmo and I liked it"
      There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Nice legs though...

Er, what was the cactus supposed to represent?

Wouldn't it have been funny if they ended the video with Elmo walking away with a pup tent in his costume?
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

The target audience only notices such stuff if the parents point it out. Not like she's nude or anything...

Easy solution--put a different dress on Katy and do it again. End of story.
          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
          --Danny Noonan

Comment

Much too racy. Elmo needs to put some clothes on. Who does he think he is? Donald Duck?!

Comment

Nobody would complain if one of the Wiggles wore that dress.
              "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
              ~~Groucho Marx
              I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

I really doubt your average 4 year-old is going to become a sex-crazed lunatic because Katy is showing some cleavage, hell they're more interested in Elmo. On the other hand, it would make the show more appealing to fathers. I know from experience that a hot chick makes kid shows watchable - the only reason I could sit through "The Goodnight Show" on Sprout was the always lovely Nina.

Comment

If Barbie dolls haven't ruined the sensibilities of kids over the past 50 years, I seriously doubt whether Katy Perry's breasts will cause any trauma. For really young kids, the sight may make them hungry and for other slightly older kids, it will simply blend into the world which surrounds them. For really old kids, Perry gives a reason to watch.
                  The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable : John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by 45 below View Post
                    much too racy. Elmo needs to put some clothes on. Who does he think he is? Donald duck?!
                    :d <= I hate this emoticon.

Center Grove Trojans
                    2008 5A Football State Champs
                    2015 6A Football State Champs
                    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I'm sorry, but I was a bit distracted while watching that.
                      Insert something witty here. I don't care.

Comment

It might be to racy

if we lived in the UAE
                        I hate it when people compare Senna with god . . . I mean he is okay, but come on he isn't Senna. . .

Comment

Reminds me of a story I read in the paper years ago, don't remember where it occurred:

A woman goes to the library to use the computers to search for information on breast cancer.
                          The screen comes up as "blocked".
                          She goes to the desk and is told "It's our filter, it's set to block objectionable material".
                          Lady says she understands, after all "We have to protect the children"
                          Library worker says "We haven't had any problems with kids looking for things they shouldn't, what we have is a problem with adults looking for things to be offended by".
                          “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
                          I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
                          I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Call me a cynic, but I think the "controversy" was manufactured. Had they simply run the clip on Sesame Street there'd have been no issue. And no increase in interest in Sesame Street. But a pre-release on YouTube, then a public we're-pulling-it-from-a-show-that-hadn't-yet-been-scheduled-to-air because of "several complaints" just comes off as a publicity stunt.
                            Cute video, though.
                            "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                            “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                            "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

You know. I'm just guessing that someone on the Sesame Street soundstage looked at Ms. Perry's outfit and thought "Maybe we should find her a dress where her b00bs aren't featured quite so noticeably." That person must have kept his/her thoughts to his/herself.

Not necessarily scandalous or inappropriate, but oddly out of the norm for that show. Strange.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X