Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Cups

Mine is a blue Duke University mug.
    I use it in honor of my father with whom I live.
    Rinse it out everyday.
    It goes back to its spot on the counter.
    But it never sees the inside of the dishwasher
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Jeez. You got a few hours? I'm a compulsive collector of the things. This morning it was a White Castle mug. Last night, Land Between the Lakes hiker mug. That morning, Wallace and Gromit. I could go on...
    You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

To read the newspaper in the morning, I make 4 cups of coffee or tea, I alternate each day. I have a heavy stoneware mug, which takes just about all of 4 cups. That is the extent of my drinking coffee or tea. For the rest of the day I drink diet soft drinks.

Comment

I purchased a IMS coffee mug this year at the race and it is what I use at work.

And the mini coffee warmer that I bought probably 15 years ago is still one of the best purchases I have ever made. I hate cold coffee and don't drink it fast enough to finish it hot.

Comment

I use non-recycleable polystyrene. I try to use a new one for each cup.

Comment

My mom bought me my mug when I got my first professional job in 1983. I now look around the room during meetings and I can't help to notice my mug is older than a lot of my co workers

Comment

UW Madison Medical School Alumni travel mug from my Daughter.
              ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by HopHead View Post
                I purchased a IMS coffee mug this year at the race and it is what I use at work.

And the mini coffee warmer that I bought probably 15 years ago is still one of the best purchases I have ever made. I hate cold coffee and don't drink it fast enough to finish it hot.
                I've got one of those. Caught my Mom using it yesterday!
                You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Originally posted by HopHead View Post

That's cool. How big is that mug?

At work I use a disposable cup, same one all day, but at home I use a mug. I've had different ones over the years, but they all have one thing in common: they must be small enough that I can finish the coffee before it gets cold.

Most mugs are way too big and small ones are hard to find. I could care less what's on it--I shop for the dang things by size only. If I see one that looks smaller than average, I buy it.

Right now my favorite has vintage GP cars on it that my wife found at Tuesday Morning a few years back. Before that it was a goofy heat-sensitive one that displayed a different picture when hot that I received as service award or something at work.

When I find one the right size, I'll use it for years until eventually it gets broken, then go on a "great search" to find another.

Other than this little "quirk," I'm totally normal.

Comment

Frank LLoid Wright mug
                    San Diego Zoo mug
                    Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library mug
                    Boone & Senic Valey Railroad mug
                    Corvette mug (natch)
                    I could go on.... and on...

ZOOOM
                    "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                    James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Mine is by motorsports artist Randy Owens. It shows a night-time view of the front stretch at Le Mans. It replaced another Randy Owens mug featuring Senna and Prost in their McLarens, which did not survive an unscheduled meeting with the floor in front of my locker during law school.
                      I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

I've got several cool coffee mugs, my favorite's are an IMS, Notre Dame, my Carpenters Union and a couple cools one from Germany courtesy my ex-mother-in-law. However I don't drink coffee and they never get used.

Regarding dishwashers, I've got a dishwasher but I rarely use it. I'm currently single again so when I cook it's just for me and not much of a mess. I loathe dirty dishes and dishes in the sink so I wash them as I dirty them...by hand.
                        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I can't have coffee, but I do drink a lot of water and I have a lot of plastic cups from PJ's Seafood
                          in Indian Rocks, Florida that I use.
                          Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by crispy View Post
                            I use non-recycleable polystyrene. I try to use a new one for each cup.
                            atta boy!

Comment

The Classic Diner Mug is what I prefer. I have a collection of them.

Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
                              Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
                              Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X