Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Creedence Clearwater Revival song

And feel free to go into detail.

I love 'em all, but my favorite is "Born on the Bayou." Epic. "Green River" would be a close second.
    Born on the Bayou
    4.05%
    Green River
    4.05%
    Bad Moon Rising
    12.16%
    Proud Mary
    6.76%
    Down On the Corner
    6.76%
    Up Around the Bend
    4.05%
    Run Through the Jungle
    4.05%
    Fortunate Son
    20.27%
    Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
    6.76%
    Midnight Special (cover)
    1.35%
    Travellin' Band
    1.35%
    Suzie Q (cover)
    5.41%
    Lodi
    6.76%
    Who'll Stop the Rain?
    4.05%
    Lookin' Out My Back Door
    6.76%
    I Heard It Through the Grapevine (cover)
    2.70%
    I Put a Spell On You (cover)
    0.00%
    Sweet Hitch-hiker
    0.00%
    Long As I Can See the Light
    1.35%
    Other (name in thread)
    1.35%
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Green River without a doubt is the best. And who can't love "There's a Bathroom on the Right"?
    I also like Susie Q, but it needs to have both Part I and II.
    If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

Bad Moon Rising

Lookin' Out My Back Door
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
      ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

My problem with picking a favorite CCR song is that so many of Fogerty's songs are similar, in rhythm, lyrics, and overall feel. That is not a criticism since CCR will always evoke great memories of times, moods, and places in my life but it is the overall body of CCR's work rather than individual songs which I have deeply enjoyed.

Anyway, enough with the BS. For a faster pace, Travelin' Band is at the top of my list but my overall number one is Long as I Can See the Light
        The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectable : John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Did you say Creedence Song?

Of course this one doesn't count.

I've always like Up Around the Bend because it is such a positive song. I liked Hey Tonight because it had somewhat of a jangly rock-a-billy feel.

One song I liked of theirs that is not on the list is Someday Never Comes. It came out near the end of their run. It is sort of a life imitates art song for John Fogarty.

Comment

Growing up with blue collar parents in a town that has its share of white collar workers, "Fortunate Son" is a natural.

It applies to several politicians on both sides of the aisle, but I'll not go there.

Comment

My mutant friends and I went thru a CCR phase in the mid 80s.
              A Creedence tape ( no CDs yet) was mandatory everytime we killed brain cells in the woods

I voted for Lookin Out My Back Door because 25 years later I can still see a crystal clear image in my head of my old friends laughing and partying around a fire in the woods behind my old house in Jersey while that song was playing on my late friend Scotts gigantic boom box
              Live like Dave

Comment

Wow.

I grew up on CCR. Thanks for getting me to spend $15 on iTunes.

I think it's funny that this poll comes out today when National Speak Like A Pirate Day was yesterday. Everybody knows that a pirate's favorite band is ccRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I'm going with "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" tonight but I would pick a different song tomorrow and another then next day.

Great band.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

All great songs, but Fortunate Son kicks ass like none of the others.
                    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

I went with "Lodi" only because I spent part of my youth in the San Joaquin (Manteca - 25 miles south of Lodi) and can relate to being "stuck" in a small farm town. That being said, I could vote for each and every one of the songs listed - I have them all!

To go along with the poll, the VERY BEST concert I ever went to was a CCR concert at Cobo Hall back in the early 70's. The opening acts were Wilbur Harrison ("Kansas City") and Booker T and the MGs ("Green Onions"). When CCR started playing, the joint erupted! It was actually scary because you could feel the seats / stands swaying from everyone jumping up and down and dancing!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
                        All great songs, but Fortunate Son kicks ass like none of the others.
                        You said it. It even holds up under the Bob Seger cover.
                        "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                        --Danny Noonan

Comment

I learned something from this poll. I did not remember or realize that "the old man is down the road" was not an actual CCR song or the lawsuit that came from it. Pretty interesting read if you scroll down to the "After Creedence" section on this wiki link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeden...rwater_Revival

My choice: Proud Mary

Comment

Lodi, if you've ever been in a bar band then you'd know why.
                            www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by roach View Post
                              To go along with the poll, the VERY BEST concert I ever went to was a CCR concert at Cobo Hall back in the early 70's. The opening acts were Wilbur Harrison ("Kansas City") and Booker T and the MGs ("Green Onions"). When CCR started playing, the joint erupted! It was actually scary because you could feel the seats / stands swaying from everyone jumping up and down and dancing!
                              Sounds like the same concert referenced in The Big Chill. “Listen to those guys--God damn! You remember the night we saw ‘em at Cobo?”
                              "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
                              “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
                              "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X