Favre is looking really really old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre is looking really really old

Anyone here old enough to see Willie Mays ? A shadow of his former self was a sad way to end his career.

I am not as troubled with Favre's game play, but his body language already looks like that of an old man passed his prime. I thought that after his first game.... and the second was even worse. I don't think he wants to play and will retire from the game before the first half of the season is over.......He has already paved the way for his departure by saying he came back for his teammates... now he can say he is not helping the club and it is in the teams best interest to let him go....
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

He looked horrible yesterday. This season is NOT looking good for him so far, and I don't expect that it will get any better. His throws were mostly off yesterday, and several catches were simply great plays by the wide receivers. Almost everything BF threw was off the mark.

Comment

Originally posted by beej View Post
      Anyone here old enough to see Willie Mays ? A shadow of his former self was a sad way to end his career.

I am not as troubled with Favre's game play, but his body language already looks like that of an old man passed his prime. I thought that after his first game.... and the second was even worse. I don't think he wants to play and will retire from the game before the first half of the season is over.......He has already paved the way for his departure by saying he came back for his teammates... now he can say he is not helping the club and it is in the teams best interest to let him go....
      I'm old enough that I saw Willie Mays play in the minor leagues!
      And yes, Brett may have extended his career one year too many.
      Have a very blessed day!

Comment

20 million bucks was his incentive.
        It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Because he is - for a professional football player at least.

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
            20 million bucks was his incentive.
            I don't believe that for a moment, his incentive was the fact that his teamates wanted him back, and he was not ready to walk away from the game.,, let's just hope he walks away while he can.....

Somehow, given his Ms roots and lifestyle, 20 mil is not going to change how he enjoys his life after football
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Comment

Doesn't help when he gets blindsided in the endzone on one play, and Harvin falls on his back and all but tosses the ball to a horde of defenders on another.
              Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

In the words of the immortal Joe Montana, in his last football game ever, a first-round Chiefs playoff loss, right after getting his bell rung by a defensive lineman who immediately asked if he was all right:

"I'm getting too old for this s--t."

Announced his retirement in San Francisco a couple months (or weeks, don't remember) later, even though his Chiefs contract had one more year on it.

Favre, heed Montana.
                "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                --Danny Noonan

Comment

I'm so old....

I saw Willie Mays play at Seals Stadium when the Giants came west.

It was disheartening to see what happened to him at the end of his career.

On Monday night I saw a few seconds of Favre walking into the stadium, heading into the locker room before the game. I'm 20+ years older than him and he walks almost as badly as I do.

He should walk away now while he can still walk.

Just my $.02.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                    ~~Groucho Marx
                    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

[QUOTE=comfortably numb;2430342][IMG][/IMG][/QUOTE

Y. A. Tittle. Another one whose decline was sad to watch.

For those old boys out there....what does Y. A. stand for?

Comment

Oooooh!!!! Oooooh!!!!!
                        I know! I know!
                        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                        ~~Groucho Marx
                        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

Hes been playing the game since probably the late 70s

It gets in your blood and its tough to get it out

Just ask Richard Petty or Gordie Howe about getting out
                          Live like Dave

Comment

I think that everybody might be jumping the gun on just a bit on Favre's demise. He threw 3 INT's last week... that doesn't make him old, that's vintage Favre.

I don't doubt that his ankle is bothering him. I hope it's something that gets better through the course of the season. I suspect his performance will improve.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X