The Helmet in the Stands Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Helmet in the Stands Thread

Brandon Jacobs tossing his helmet in the stands, and a Marion County Sheriffs Deputy MAKING THE DUDE give it back SUCKED OUT LOUD. Does anyone think he would have got it back if the cop caught it, instead of the dude. I look for the Colts to give the dude a helmet to make up for it. They said the fans in the vicinity were none too happy.
    Last edited by Jack Harrington; 09-20-2010, 11:23 AM.
    My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

What would have happened if a Colt had thrown his helmet into the stands in NY/NJ?
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

At Wrigley Field, if an opponent hits a home run into the stands, the fans throw the ball back on the field....every time.

ZOOOM
      "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
      James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

The fans didn't look too happy on the tv. I'd have probably ripped a few pads out of it before being forced to hand it over. The guy had no business staying in the game after that act, IMO.

Comment

Helmet > Baseball
          Center Grove Trojans
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Center Grove Trojans
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

As if they couldn't see the guys credentials hanging around his neck... tool.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                As if they couldn't see the guys credentials hanging around his neck... tool.
                There is a Sheriffs Deputy standing there as well...
                My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Harrington View Post
                  Which makes it all the more ridiculous for the self-important tool to be asserting his authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Harrington View Post
                    I'm just re-watching the game, and they said the Colts were gonna' interview the guy who caught it after the game...Do you think that translates to: We want you to sign a release?:krusty
                    P.S. I'd sign a release right after they handed me a nice shiny new helmet....

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
                      Which makes it all the more ridiculous for the self-important tool to be asserting his authority.
                      Precisely...

Comment

Jacobs needs to spend a few Sunday afternoons at home with no paycheck for the week. He could have really hurt someone.

And ya' gotta love the douchebag response by the Colts, LOS secuirty and IMPD. A millionaire crybaby throws a tantrum that could have knocked someone's teeth (or lights) out, and officials draw even more attention to it by strong-arming the helmet away instead of letting it go.

Retrieving that $300 helmet will likely generate exponentially more snarky remarks from columnists and fans around the country.
                        I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

Jacobs is a tool.

But it's still his helmet, no matter where he threw it.

It's just like throwing a bat into the crowd. If you want your bat back, you get it back, and you compensate the fan for it by giving him something else.
                          No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Had the fan thrown the helmet back at the player he'd probably be speaking with a judge today.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler View Post

But it's still his helmet, no matter where he threw it.

When he throws it at me or my family it ceases to belong to him. Of course when the cop shows up I do as he says but I wouldn't have given it up to Sid Gurney either.

And I would not be content to let it go at that.
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X