20 Years? Aleady?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Years? Aleady?!

I remember sitting down to watch this movie hearing horror stories about how long it was.
    Wondering if I could sit thru a movie that was almost 3 hours long. Lights went down and it seemed like 20 minutes later the movie was already ending. Thats when you know you saw a great film

http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/09/14..._lnk1%7C171276
    Live like Dave

Great movie...but it didn't make me say "Aleady".
    All rides are bought. But occasionally the currency is talent.

Comment

Possibly my favorite movie of all time. I've watched the DVD dozens of times and I never think it seems long. Movies "feel" long when they have boring or uninteresting stretches...Goodfellas really doesn't let up from beginning to end.

So many great moments in that movie, great lines, great shots (the LONG steadicam shot of Henry and Karen entering the Copacabana through the kitchen is always amazing to watch -- especially once you realize that there isn't a single cut), great use of music -- And Then He Kissed Me during the aforementioned shot, opening with Tony Bennett's Rags to Riches, The Cadillacs' Speedo, the piano coda from Layla, George Harrison's What Is Life, the Stones' Gimme Shelter, all topped off by Sid Vicious' cover of Sinatra's My Way during the closing credits.

OK, it IS my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedwayRyan View Post
        So many great moments in that movie, great lines, great shots (the LONG steadicam shot of Henry and Karen entering the Copacabana through the kitchen is always amazing to watch -- especially once you realize that there isn't a single cut),
        That shot was supposed to be longer but Henny Youngman blew his line.

Comment

So, did Robert DeNiro's character finally get out of prison or die in jail. I think he was supposed to eligible for parole a couple of years ago based on the end of the movie.
          It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Possibly my favorite movie of all time. I've watched the DVD dozens of times and I never think it seems long. Movies "feel" long when they have boring or uninteresting stretches...Goodfellas really doesn't let up from beginning to end.

So many great moments in that movie, great lines, great shots (the LONG steadicam shot of Henry and Karen entering the Copacabana through the kitchen is always amazing to watch -- especially once you realize that there isn't a single cut), great use of music -- And Then He Kissed Me during the aforementioned shot, opening with Tony Bennett's Rags to Riches, The Cadillacs' Speedo, the piano coda from Layla, George Harrison's What Is Life, the Stones' Gimme Shelter, all topped off by Sid Vicious' cover of Sinatra's My Way during the closing credits.

OK, it IS my favorite.

Incredible movie. The Henry/Karen/Copa scene is one of my favorite scenes of all time.

Discussing the scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBMKy...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by midtown View Post
              So, did Robert DeNiro's character finally get out of prison or die in jail. I think he was supposed to eligible for parole a couple of years ago based on the end of the movie.
              Jimmy "The Gent" Burke (who Jimmy Conway was based on) died in prison in 1996. Well he died at a medical center, but he was still a prisoner. Would have been eligible for parole in 2004 had he lived.

Comment

Originally posted by stnkypete View Post
                That shot was supposed to be longer but Henny Youngman blew his line.
                I heard something similar, that they had to keep reshooting because he kept forgetting his lines...even though they seemed to be straight out of his act!

Wouldn't surprise me if they cut his lines down a little to keep from reshooting again and again.

Comment

Hard to believe it's been 20 years, however I find myself saying that too much anymore about a lot of things. I've got it on DVD and watched it a hundred times and will watch it every time it's on TV, only the unedited version thou. Great movie, awesome soundtrack and some classic lines...

"What do you mean I'm funny? You mean the way I talk?,..what?? Funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to phuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny? "
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I heard something similar, that they had to keep reshooting because he kept forgetting his lines...even though they seemed to be straight out of his act!

Wouldn't surprise me if they cut his lines down a little to keep from reshooting again and again.
                    In the version they used, you'll notice they cut right when he begins his routine.

Comment

1. It's a great movie

2. It makes me glad to be an actor, even if I never become famous

3. All of that talk about good Italian cooking always makes me REALLY hungry

4. I have a sneaking suspicion that God's voice actually sounds like Joe Pesci in this movie, minus the profanity:

"You went outside and played GOLF in an electrical storm?!? What did you THINK was gonna happen, ha? Whatsamatta wit' you, c'mon!!!!"
                      "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Never watched it all the way through but have seen bits and pieces of it.

Added to my list of not really interested.
                        ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by cheeseczar View Post
                          Never watched it all the way through but have seen bits and pieces of it.

Added to my list of not really interested.
                          YO:scarface cheesecurd...Watch it when you get a minute, it's worth seeing...:krusty:krusty:krusty
                          My major malfunction is...I want the people I love and respect to live forever...The problem is...Life don't work that way...

P.S. Questions, comments, death threats, invitations to a pigs bris, my number is still (317) 809-4483

Comment

I love that movie and watch it whenever it's on. I read Nicholas Pileggi's book, "Wise Guy", that the movie is based on, and I thought the movie was true to the book.

"How funny am I?", is one of the greatest movie scenes of all time.

Comment

I should watch that sometime. It's one of those movies that I never got around to watching. I should also shower.
                              BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X