Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh, and I thought that Boise State's blue turf was bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, and I thought that Boise State's blue turf was bad...

Eastern Washington University, Div I-AA/FCS school debuts their RED turf:
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...e-turfs-debut/

http://www.spokesman.com/galleries/2...ntana-sept-18/

I know a young lady that's in grad school there. She came from WSU about an hour south in Pullman. She says it's the most butt-ugly field she's ever seen (she's a former cheerleader) and everybody she knows in Cheney hates it.
    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Hmmm... turf is the same color as their uniforms... this their way of saying "we suck so bad we'll take all the home field advantage we can get?"
      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
      --Danny Noonan

Comment

Ugh! That just doesn't look right.

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon View Post
          Hmmm... turf is the same color as their uniforms... this their way of saying "we suck so bad we'll take all the home field advantage we can get?"
          Maybe that's why my school's team sucked so bad when I was in high school. Our colors were "crimson and black." Guess we should have had them play on asphalt with red lines painted on it.

Comment

I'd be curious to see how they go about painting the field that color. From my experience lining football fields, that was a pain-in-the-rear itself.

Comment

Originally posted by MethanolBuzzed View Post
              I'd be curious to see how they go about painting the field that color. From my experience lining football fields, that was a pain-in-the-rear itself.
              It's an artificial surface known as SprinTurf. I don't think it's "painted"-it comes that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                It's an artificial surface known as SprinTurf. I don't think it's "painted"-it comes that way.
                I figured it was some type of artificial turf. Just the mere thought of painting any type of field makes me sick. There were several occasions I had to line one of those things myself... A good 7-8 hours work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
                  Yep. The white lines are woven into the turf.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by sea fury View Post
                    maybe that's why my school's team sucked so bad when i was in high school. Our colors were "crimson and black." guess we should have had them play on asphalt with red lines painted on it.
                    :d :d :d
                    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                    --Danny Noonan

Comment

:d :d :d
                      What's that supposed to mean?
                      Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
                        I don't know. Is it unfair playing Michigan State or Tulane or Baylor because they wear turf-colored jersey?

Plus, when I'm playing a sport I generally like to know where my teammates are just as much as where the opposition is.
                        Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

I would think it's a huge disadvantage - harder to see your players as they blend into the field.
                          "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X