Unbelievable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbelievable!

We just had a major crash during the next to last race (Super Sports) at the Air Races. The plane is destroyed and the pilot just climbed out "OK"!

Thank Goodness!!
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

After a half-hour "wind hold", the pilots and race organizers have decided to cancel the final race of the day in the name of safety. A very wise decision IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by roach View Post
        After a half-hour "wind hold", the pilots and race organizers have decided to cancel the final race of the day in the name of safety. A very wise decision IMO.
        By that do you mean the Unlimited Gold?
        "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury View Post
          By that do you mean the Unlimited Gold?
          Yes - Gold was awarded to Steve Hinton (Strega) based on yesterday's win in the qualifier.

Comment

Here's a link to a photo of the accident in the Super Sport race:

George Giboney - "Rapid Travel" Thunder Mustang

Comment

It sure doesn't look like there was much left of the cockpit. And those planes don't have cages for the pilots.
              VERY lucky dude!

ZOOOM
              "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
              James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

thar ya go........... one of my motivations for watching such spectacular, exciting sports. watching a blessed soul cheat death and survive the apparently un-survivable accident. just about anything that can be raced, can kill ya. but it's being able to take it right to the edge and survive that makes it thrilling to me.....

but then when the driver/pilot loses, i question why do i enjoy this?
                returning to the days of ignorant bliss..

Comment

Originally posted by R22 View Post
                  but then when the driver/pilot loses, i question why do i enjoy this?
                  To "steal" from ABC - "The thrill of victory; the agony of defeat."
                  Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X